Quick rear speaker question for a newy..

B

boden

Hi folks. I've searched your forum back to front but I can't find an answer to my question... It's a really simple one so I'm sorry if I've wasted your time!

But here goes... I have a K11 Tempest that I've finally paid off and I want to add some rear speakers to. (otherwise it is completely unmodified - unless you count some young kid jumping on the bonnet and causing my patented speed dents :laugh: )

I'd read around and found that the wiring for the speakers is there and sure enough I've found a 4 pin connector in the back. A quick test with an old speaker confirmed my replacement head unit is wired up to use rear speakers, no probs.

Basically, is there a standard connector I can pick up with any set of speakers that'll fit this? Or is it something only Nissan have? Can I can just lop it off and re-wire? I can't seem to find anything similar online. I don't want to cut it off and regret it later.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks
Mark

lop off and extend the wires. TBH you may want to rewire the rear spekers as the cableis as thin as dental floss

Thanks, I did notice the wire was poor. Will give it a trial run and then consider rewiring if it I'm unhappy.

Any tips on best way to do this? (thats with regards to channeling the wires)

I just cut the nissan block off and connected the wires up to a chocolate block, then using the wiring diagrams in the haynes manual worked out what colours were which speaker/ pos or neg

Curdy said:
I just cut the nissan block off and connected the wires up to a chocolate block, then using the wiring diagrams in the haynes manual worked out what colours were which speaker/ pos or neg

same as me but i had no choice lol. I chopped off the iso from the stereo as i used it in my scooter before i had a car lol.. :p

I just cut the wire of the back of the stereo, take the earth, switched ignition, 12v and then wire the rest of the wires manually through the rest of the car.

RE: RE: Quick rear speaker question for a newy..

Andy_S said:
same as me but i had no choice lol. I chopped off the iso from the stereo as i used it in my scooter before i had a car lol.. :p

I think this is getting a bit confusing o_O We're talking about the block found on the wires in the boot for rear speakers not the iso block behind the stereo, from what Boden said he has already sorted the iso and headunit out

Yeah the head unit and the iso part were fitted by Halfords (i know) about 2 years back. That said, the head unit powers up when I fit the fascia on without any keys in the ignition which always worried me.

Halfords also kindly installed a lovely set of scratches to my dash board. I even managed to get the panel off without damaging it when I fitted an aux in cable for my MP3 player so I don't know what they were using to lever it off!

Back