need a favour!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Can someone measure the voltage at the ecu pin 47.Its the idle up solenoid.Should be voltage when the engines under load,with fan, lights, rear demister

The fast idle on mine has always been a bit intermittent :(

Just had a quick look at it and can't make much sense.

I measure about 750mv on pin 47 but it doesn't change with fan & lights.

Measured the voltage on the fast idle valve connector (the 2 pin one if I've got it right) and I have got a constant 13.5v regardless of electrical load. The valve is working as the revs drop when I unplug it.

Did you manage to find if its driven through a relay, and if so where it is?

The fast idle on mine has always been a bit intermittent :(

Just had a quick look at it and can't make much sense.

I measure about 750mv on pin 47 but it doesn't change with fan & lights.

Measured the voltage on the fast idle valve connector (the 2 pin one if I've got it right) and I have got a constant 13.5v regardless of electrical load. The valve is working as the revs drop when I unplug it.

Did you manage to find if its driven through a relay, and if so where it is?

Same happening with mine but at the connector for the solenoid Im getting a 12v + ( depending on if the engine running) on one pin and and 4.6v on the other(sig from the ecu) ??? No ground? But When I power the solenoid off a spare batt it works properly .
I have the whole car ripped apart and cant find anything. It doesn't go through a relay man

Ok just had another look at mine and if I unplug the solenoid I measure about 350mv at both the ECU pin and the solenoid plug. I don't have long enough leads at home to check if the ECU pin is connected directly to solenoid but I would guess your right and it is.
I guess the 12+V will come from the main relay and the ECU pin 47 will sink this to ground to switch the solenoid. I would therefore expect to see pin 47 switching between 12+v with no fast idle, and close to ground when switched

I will try and see if I can figure why mine is on all the time and confirm this.

Ok just had another look at mine and if I unplug the solenoid I measure about 350mv at both the ECU pin and the solenoid plug. I don't have long enough leads at home to check if the ECU pin is connected directly to solenoid but I would guess your right and it is.
I guess the 12+V will come from the main relay and the ECU pin 47 will sink this to ground to switch the solenoid. I would therefore expect to see pin 47 switching between 12+v with no fast idle, and close to ground when switched

I will try and see if I can figure why mine is on all the time and confirm this.
Cool can you measure it in volts? Pin 47 is goin directly to the solenoid grey with a blue line through the cable on ecu side and black on solenoid (which i would say is ment to be ground)

Ok Baz will have another look this evening.

I would suspect if your measuring less than 1v at pin 47 same as me and 4.6v at solenoid end then there's a bad connection or a break somewhere

Ok Baz will have another look this evening.

I would suspect if your measuring less than 1v at pin 47 same as me and 4.6v at solenoid end then there's a bad connection or a break somewhere

Thanks man

Swapped out the loom,still the same, although I did find a bad earth and the idle seem a bit smoother but still low with lights etc on, solenoid still not switching

Sorted faulty Ecu Id say the reson being I Have my battery in the boot and recently renewed all the wiring with an auto electrician mate and I accidently earthed the postive:laugh:

the car still runs but no control over that solinoid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back