Finally sorted my idling issues

Baz

Ex. Club Member
IDLEUPSOLENOIDFIX.jpg

Basically the part of the ecu that controls the idle up solenoid ( which brings the revs up when the engines under load from lights , fan, demister and heater) was damaged so te diagram there is what i did to bypass its function.
By using 4 relays altogether, the coil in one is energised when it receives a postive switched signal from 1 of the other 3 (which are getting signals that used to go through the ecu for headlights,cooling fan and demister to energize there own coils) and grounds the solenoid on the inlet manifold which brings up the revs

I also fitted one of these which stabilizes the revs because everytime I got into it ,it had a different idle speed. A faulty one gives a bad cold start and variable hot idle speed.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-Figaro...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c0cffd046

Well done baz you stayed at it till you got it done . Not to many lads draw up a diagram like that . :grinning:

Man tell me about it ,took me a couple of hours to do it , tend to get bored when Im not working full time:grinning:

I had to do it as I showed it Ed first to make sure it would work, I didnt know how to explin it with words haha

Also got that exhaust on my yoke, sounds well and looks class, cheers

Man tell me about it ,took me a couple of hours to do it , tend to get bored when Im not working full time:grinning:

I had to do it as I showed it Ed first to make sure it would work, I didnt know how to explin it with words haha

Also got that exhaust on my yoke, sounds well and looks class, cheers

Very good glad your happy with it , stick up a pic if you get a change .

Back