Nearly had my car pinched last night

Does anyone have any tips on how best to secure my k10 Micra....I have ordered a car alarm (horse as bolted and all that) but does anyone else do anything different.

Door prised open at the top made a real mess of my door (anyone seen a 4 door version micra in the scrappies ?)

i think the sight of my 30 year old Kroclok put them off for a while.

Thanks for now

Did the same to mine mate. Horrible when it happens!

I'm re-locating the door pins so they can't reach them, even from the top of the door!
Alternatively, you could unscrew them! ^^

thats unlucky, i do like the idea of a german shepard...... steering lock, gear lever lock or alarm like you said your getting

Cant go wrong with this!:

http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/our-services/63-affordable-gps-vehicle-tracking

Fusion is now proud to offer Skytag vehicle trackers. All of our customers value their vehicles, and were pretty sure that everyone of them would love to have a GPS tracking system to alert them of any attempted thefts etc. Who wouldn't? Trouble is people are often put off by the price of such units.
Skytag is different.

• The Skytag GPS device is affordable
  • Its resilient having a three day inbuilt battery backup.
  • Its intelligent by being able to inform you if you vehicle battery has become disconnected or its gone flat.
  • Its flexible and can be installed in anything from a Car to a Hot-tub (yes really!)
  • Its simple to install
  • Its discrete, no one would know what it is from looking at it, even if it was not hidden.
  • Its real time, Skytag have 24hr monitoring and direct links to the Police. Their recent record was a recovery of a stolen Land Rover in just 12 minutes.
The best bit is the price. Skytag costs from just £160. This includes three months free subscription after which you pay just £6.99 a month. For anyone who has ever had the heartbreak of having anything stolen this is a tremendous value.

:( anoying .. depends were u live tbh but i seem to be having no probs and mines the super s with all the biz.. but i have a good alarm with LED door lock pins kinda looks cool but does the trick super s has a steering lock as standard if u know what i mean .. my cars a keyless start but all imobilised if you dont have the alarm off or a key as well :)

always take your stereo front off as well and maybe a stelth shelf.. depending on ur speakers

Get a snap off steering wheel... (Y)
Yummy.....
Cleanapril..jpg Oh no! Micra63..jpg lol :wasntme:

I've got a snap off steering wheel on my current motor, £40 for the snap off and £30 for the boss, I had the steering wheel lying around doing nothing so that was free.

Try and steel a car with no wheel.

even if your a good boy and tell the insurance company and pay that little bit more, still your car isn't going anywhere, unless they take your handbrake off and you live at the top of a hill... :eek:

put the bog standard radio back in, then it wont get touched

Good tip there, I have a stereo that plays memory cards and USB sticks, but because it's black and has a tiny display it looks standard so never gets any attention. Not great for the street cred, but it's better than buying a new window.

Had this happen to me twice, the alarm saved the car both times but after the 2nd time i had to replace the door because it had been weakend too much. Before i fitted the new door though i took out the window and had some solid steel square-bar welded inside the A & B pillars of the door. The door is very well reinforced now but it still put me out of pocket having to replace it and spray it.
After the 2nd time i also moved my alarm LED from the little blank place on the steering column, up onto one of the bolt covers on top of the dashboard where it's a lot more visible. I haven't had any bother since because now the LED is clear to see even from a good distance.

You can ease your door back into shape for the time being, it won't be as strong as it was, and it'll have a crease on the A-pillar but it'll put you by untill a door comes along. You might wanna park it with the weak door next to a fence/wall or something for now though just for a little extra security while you find a replacement.

And dudes, ALWAYS REMOVE YOUR DECK FACE, EVERY TIME YOU LEAVE THE CAR!!!!! No matter how pants the deck might look, to a chav idiot it's a trophy and some spliff money. Never drive round blasting tunes with the windows down either, that's just advetising your system to the theiving swines. Soundproof your car so you can deafen yourself in secret :wow:

And dudes, ALWAYS REMOVE YOUR DECK FACE, EVERY TIME YOU LEAVE THE CAR!!!!! No matter how pants the deck might look, to a chav idiot it's a trophy and some spliff money. Never drive round blasting tunes with the windows down either, that's just advetising your system to the theiving swines. Soundproof your car so you can deafen yourself in secret :wow:
Very helpful post, and I'll echo the removing the fascia advice. It's second nature to me now!

guys i hope you realise he didnt mention anything about his stereo being nicked, just that you giving him advice on something he didnt ask :D

guys i hope you realise he didnt mention anything about his stereo being nicked, just that you giving him advice on something he didnt ask :D
True, however quite often the motive for breaking into a car is the shiny stereo sitting in the centre console so I think the advice is pertinent to a thread about thieves :)

James.

i know mate, but tbh i dont really think hiding the facia will stop them, when I was still in Prague they searched the cars i got broke into cos in 99% of the time, they know its still in there somewhere and they are right. however flashing LED is good idea even if its fake

this happened to me on the G-plate big bumper k10 back in 2000
and i am telling you its my fault for not putting the cheap argos alarm(one wire) that feeds of voltage/amp changes on the interior light and had shock sensor-all of my boot was mdf (pretend)wood,i had built the box round the dimensions of the boot--and had a hatch built in to put stuff in it like jack and wot nots---funny the little triks that done it made it obvious by running away everytime i pulled up at my frend s place were it happend,and i would burst out laughing at them-BETTER THAN ANY REVENGE-----after fitting the cheapo alarm it never happend again as it had a red LED fitted also

hehe yea LED door pins on mine look ace and work.. and any advice is better than non...

id say "who wants to nick a micra" but i would sound like im dissing them ,,, and er i was chased by the CID once in my older blue micra i went aroudn a corner with my mate and cuz of the suspension is leans and they were like wohhhhh and they jumped into thir car and i spotted it but didnt think much of it and they chased me a bit till i realised and then pulled into a car park they treated me well bad i had the key and they were like American police lol....

so yea micra easy target .. get home dry ;) or just use as some fun.

:( stupid low lifes.!

i just went down the local motorfactors and picked up a red flashing LED from the consumables bit for a quid and put it by the steering wheel in the dash on a switch, untill i got a real alarm, was worth £1 though

When I fitted the remote central lock, it came with a flashing blue LED. It sits on the dash and in the night car flashes from a mile :) I believe it's already saved me troubles :)

Don't bother with fake LED's, get a real alarm fitted! Also fit central locking and link the two together, that way you can go as far as removing door pins and door locks, even door handles if you buy the right kit.

my car nearlly got nicked a couple of weeks back, the idiots just messed up the drivers door lock :wasntme::laugh:

5d9b2260.jpg

so I fitted this:
134c4bd6.jpg

Along with a £20 central locking kit and now keyless entries ftw :D

Back