NATS light change the color

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
was cheking the NATS LED
found a sort of cappacitor looking thing on the LED------proceeded to take apart(keeping note before hand exactly where its all connected to)
solderd the clear white LED to the cappacitor and then to its fitting (found it easyer to solder the LED to the holder then connect the capacitor to it) DO NOT APPLY THE HEAT FOR TOO LONG-----
you dont need to undash anything just prize out the plastic holding the LED (same as the hazard and demist switches)
PRIZE OUT WITH SOMETHING PLASTIC = NO DAMAGE
once thats out the LED unclips out-EXPOSING THE cappacitor REMEMBER the size the red LED's legs or how tall it is solderd
as you dont really want the chosen colord LED protruding out to much (or you might)
WICKED KID CARS GLOWING WHITE AT NIGHT NOW !! $2 holla cost nutin just some time 20 mins 10 if your good

i tried changing the demister led it was very awkward to bend the legs to fit the little rubber which it sits in. i got the leds from maplins. the leds kept blowing. why couldn't nissan put them little 286 bulbs to fit.

i tried changing the demister led it was very awkward to bend the legs to fit the little rubber which it sits in. i got the leds from maplins. the leds kept blowing. why couldn't nissan put them little 286 bulbs to fit.

havent tried that one must be harder (problee will cause it dont cost much but has a brightaffect) but the led i used was out of one of those lighters(cig)with a built in torch around 3 volts im sure

using LEDs

LEDs only require about 1.2volts not 12 volts or more so if you just replace the original lights with LEDs they will blow, what you need is a resistor in series with one connection, doesn't matter which one.
All LEDs are polarity sensitive so test them first with a 1.5 volt battery and mark which connection goes to the positive of the battery (with the resistor connected) once one has been identified look into the LED and all the other LEDs to identify which connection was used.One connection is the anode and the other the cathode, one looks like a "cup" when viewed. I usually start with a 1K resistor, thats 1000 ohms....
changing the value adjusts the brightness but don't lower them to much.
When you know the positive connection then you need to test across the dash light you are changing and with a meter find the positive connection, then fit the LED the same polarity!

oh right i see thats clever.any pictures?

DSC00967.jpg

http://s781.photobucket.com/albums/yy97/DRAGONZ_photos/?action=view&current=MOV00493.mp4
old shcool,change the colors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gynkzibz8UI

Back