n14 1.6

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Well if your just bolting it up to the K11 gearbox (bell housing is the same), there's only the drivers side mount & chassis rail to worry about.
If you're not running power steer, aircon etc you'd only need one crank pulley to run the alternator. I can't remember how long the GA16 is from the bell housing flange to the end of the first pulley. Perhaps you could measure & post here?
A measurement of the K11 from the bell housing to the chassis rail beside the crank pulley would also be enlightening.

CMF_sixpac

» CMF Member
I am in the process of fitting a 1.6l engine into my micra.Here are a few things you will have to modify:-
Move the O/S/ engine mounting forward
Make a new mounting for the gearbox
Move the cross beem over and make new mounting points
Have some one custom make,or lengthen and shorten the drive shafts
Plus other things to make or change as you go along but don't be put off as i'm sure you will have fun.
As for the wiring most of it plugs right on with no problems
When updated photo's available will post

CMF_toney

» CMF Member
im using micra loom, dizzy wires extended as well as the alternator has new plugs and im using the 1.6 ecu

the hardest part is geting it in and out to mark it up as it has to go in at about 35degrees so the gear box go in first once its in then get straightened up

its very tight

CMF_sixpac

» CMF Member
Here's my n15 in a micra
Forged pistons
lightened and balanced
ported and polished head
VTC head and inlet manifold from a Sentra
stainless steel exhaust
standard gearbox,heavy duty clutch

I have had to modify the engine mounts but not cut the chassis to clear the water pump.All that is left to do is modify the drive shafts and make new exhaust,plus uprate the brakes.

Attachments

• 27346.jpg
    27346.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 18

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
That looks like the GA16DE from an N14? All the N15 I've seen have a large bore plastic AFM...
Is your rocker cover plastic (N15) or aluminium (N14)?

You have made new gearbox mounts. Was this because if you used the original mounts, the water pump would hit the chassis rail?
(the 31 box retains all the threaded holes for 30 mounts)
Electric water pump? Cheaper than modifying drive shafts & making mounts.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Not just that but the manifold is also the pre-1996 style.

Mind you it could be a post-96 bottom end and a pre-96 VTC top end/intake. The cover is definately painted aluminium (unless the black paint is hiding some detal from the moulding of the cover).

CMF_JKL

» CMF Member
So How difficult is the conversion? 1.6 N14 Engine.
Whats needed apart from harness and ECU?

I have an Imaculate k11 sitting in my workshop awaiting my decision, Turbo the 1.3 or n14 Conversion and turbo the 1.6
Also would like to try and keep the Power Steering and Air Cond in the car. Anyone done this?

Back