TONEY

Ex. Club Member
hey all
well it all started 3 months ago when i picked my 3rd k11 up
2687506_11.jpg

the firsts thing to go on was wheels, full janspeed. and induction kit
2687506_2.jpg

2687506_13.jpg

the next weekend was shocks and -35mm springs and a set of seats with harnesses along with the interior coming out as well

then it decided to started to have a drinking problem

it started smoking alot and was useing 1l in 3 days and none of that was leeking

so a new engine me think

i set out to get a primera almera or sunny
after a week searching i got 1 for £100 had been bashed up the ass

then the work started taking the engine out of it
2687506_27_full.jpg

12 hours later both engines were out and cleaned up
2687506_28_full.jpg

this was the rad on the primera
i first took the water pump pulley off as i kno this would get in the way

mounted the micra engine mount (left hand side) on to the engine and fitted the primera crossmember in place once i had it all lined up i marked were the leg had to be cut to house the water pump pulley and the gearbox mount marked up

2687506_9_full.jpg

this is how i got round the problem of the water pump

2687506_6_full.jpg

then the engine went back in

2687506_15.jpg

in went the ecu

2687506_17.jpg

how tight

2687506_18.jpg

all plumbed in with a civic type r rad
2687506_10.jpg

then the day came it started straight up and it only had the manifold on (very noisy)

at the moment im waiting for the drive shafts 2 be shortened and a down pipe to be make up then its mot time

while ive been waiting for them 2 be finished i started on the dash
2687506_21.jpg

2687506_22.jpg

2687506_24.jpg

2687506_25.jpg

that all for now will up date soon when back together

he he i remember my brother painting and polishing those wheels, looking good matey, you dont hang about do ya

yer pop down when u want and you could bring the epc that i asked for hehe

hopefully the shafts will be done soon and it will be back on the road

its taken me a total of 40 hours to do it all

and 1 day the engine went in and out 8 times

can you please help me.

im trying to find out what all actually needs wiring to the ECU ... either from scratch/relocating-rearrangin wires / pins etc.

lambada ? idle control ?

i may remove my engine and cut a space for the water pump too .... altough that can wait a while.

the dizzy, oil tep sender need extending and alternator needs new connections but apart from that im using the micra loom with the 1.6 ecu

but it hasnt been fully tested
only let it tick over and 5k blast once or twice
once the down pipe is fitted it can have a bit more

more pictures to come soon

il take pics of mine, even closer, mine has been cut to allow more room.

mine was going better earlier today, altough really could do with a complete exhaust. but just want it on the road atm and mot'd

craig the problem is getting the camera in but i will try and get some

djlee_dj are you using the standard bolt that hold the wheel on
as i used very shallow ones and it gave me a few more mm

2687506_3.jpg

2687506_8.jpg

2687506_19_full.jpg

how tight the back is

2687506_20.jpg

2687506_23.jpg

my glow in the dark glovebox

what you mean shallow bolts ? on the water pump ?

mine have actually mushroomed from hitting the chassis on hard corners :O

im waiting on it failing from the stress of it all, not looking forward to engine out to renew it either.

im putting my primera/micra exhaust on tomorrow with a decat pipe + laser sports backbox. i predict it will still be too restrictive tho :( couple of other boys are running standard bore with no prob's.

i still need to weld my sills up etc.

how to diagnois water pump failure ? overheating on the dash guage ?

what bore pipe you going for ?

what you idling at with no system on ? just manifold ? Cold + warm ?

what you mean shallow bolts ? on the water pump ?

mine have actually mushroomed from hitting the chassis on hard corners :O

im waiting on it failing from the stress of it all, not looking forward to engine out to renew it either.

im putting my primera/micra exhaust on tomorrow with a decat pipe + laser sports backbox. i predict it will still be too restrictive tho :( couple of other boys are running standard bore with no prob's.

i still need to weld my sills up etc.

how to diagnois water pump failure ? overheating on the dash guage ?

what bore pipe you going for ?

what you idling at with no system on ? just manifold ? Cold + warm ?

there counter sunk bolts with allan key heads

the down pipe will be 1.75" to the cat witch will stay in place for the mot
once thats done il get a full system made up with de-cat

the only time ive had water pump failure is when the bearing seized and it stop turning and the belt just screamed

it was idleing 1500 rpm (cold) and 900 rpm (hot) so normal really

im finding it impossible to set the base idle ......... ahhhhhhh. think i have another problem ...... altough saying that yesterday ticked over at 1100 RPM no problem , with only manifold on.

let me know how you get on when you bolt the rest of the system together.

weres the idle screw ? the flat head on the lefthand side of the throttle body i assume.

will the consult set the idle even tho its micra/primera combo loom ?

i have not played about with the idle

the consult is still working as when it goes to die it will pick it self up again

and the idle screw is under the throttle pulley i think

i hink i may need a throttle body

if i unplug the TPS it will idle perfect. altough will not rev over 3000rpm.

plug it back in and restart it will not idle. idle screw does nothing. tried to reset the idle but quite hard to rev to 3k 3 times, then get out t adjust it --- it just cuts out whern lets the revs off.

gona try throttle body i think. 1 litre micra one fit ? i know it will be restrictive , but its just to clarify if it is that or not

i hink i may need a throttle body

if i unplug the TPS it will idle perfect. altough will not rev over 3000rpm.

plug it back in and restart it will not idle. idle screw does nothing. tried to reset the idle but quite hard to rev to 3k 3 times, then get out t adjust it --- it just cuts out whern lets the revs off.

gona try throttle body i think. 1 litre micra one fit ? i know it will be restrictive , but its just to clarify if it is that or not

Well if the GA16 TB fits a Micra then i imagine this will work both ways!

Although i imagine it'll run quite pants! especially during idle!

going the very best now :)

still going to try and source a 1.6, but i couldnt see the 1.0l being that restrictive, as the overall size isnt much different. altough the water pipe is smaller on the 1.0 so it cant be driven until thats sorted.

your have less trouble with a 1.6 tb and they come in a lot more cars and easier
to get hold of
most of the micras i see in the scrappy have no tb

the 1.0/1.3 tb is quite a bit smaller compared to the 1.6

if anything go bigger

really like the work youve done there so far mate :) looks spot on, would like to see how it runs sometime seeing as I'm only in Croydon(round the corner from wallingham) finished mine a couple weeks ago but still have some tweeks here and there to do.

So yea keep the pictures coming, oh and try see if you can make it down to the Bluewater meet on the 29th which I've posted up on "South Meets" be good to have 2 1.6's there

ScOpEz

i wont be making the meet as the guy who was ment to be doing my driveshafts blew me out
scopez were did you get yours done? and feel free to pop up anytime

quick update:
dash is back in with gauges in radio space, fitted the sensors + wired
repaired sill
painted all interior
fitted a rear strut brace witch has been welded in
fitted a heat shield to the manifold

will get pics when its light

what a big disapointment :( is there no way you can make it even with a mate(such a shame its gona be a great meet) my driveshafts me and my mate made ourselves as we were working with a budget but there still very strong and can handle the power.

yea would like to come by and see it sometime soon, where abouts is it?

ScOpEz

sweet mate I'll pop by on wednesday if thats alright, or thursday, but will you be there? and at what time roughly?

Really like what you've done so far there mate looks great, keep them coming and any more news about the shafts?

I'll email you about popping by :)

ScOpEz

i will be in all week from 4.30 til 6.30 ish
just hope it stops raining
ive put off doing the shafts as i couldnt be bothered this weekend just done some easy bits
thats one of the things i want to speak to you about

yeah thats fine for me, guess Ill try make it down for wednesday or thursday and we can have a chat about it, need some help anyways lol with re wiring the clocks to make them work with the 1.6. but I've sent you an email as I cant get on to msn at the moement so let me know and catch you then.

the weathers a joke( 4 seansons in one day everyday lol)

so i take it that its not just a case of swapping the engine mounts and the engine and gearbox fitting in? And can the drive shafts from the micra not be used?

ive used the micra mounts for the engine and gearbox (drilled new holes and welded up the old ones) with the primera crossmember but scopez has used the micra crossmember
ive seen some that have used primera engine mount but that meens you have to change the bracket it sits in but its allot more work compared

the primera driveshaft ends are about twice the size of the micra so i have to use the hub end from the micra and the gearbox ends from the primera but thats still to do

I heard somewhere that the 1.6 gearbox fits the CG engine with a bit of work, so surely the reverse is also possible - 1.3 gearbox to a 1.6 engine, if so surely the CG13 driveshafts would fit - or are they too thin to handle the 1.6's power ?

the shafts will handle but the gear box prob wouldnt hold up for too long
i think it was titch that done 1.6 on to the cg
from what i can remember he had to change clutch and fly
and he had a problem with his shaft coming out

I didn't think that Tith had 1.6 lump, thought that he just had Geroge's 200mm cluth conversion - I don't see why you couldn't do it the other way, if you fitted a sports clutch and were'nt too rought with it why it shouldn't last

ive just gave them to a motor engineer so if they do snap ive got some come back
he is also taking all the measurements so he can make compleat new ones in a few mouths once he get quite

ahh i see just trying to work out costs of the convertion thats all. how much of the chasis leg did you cut away??

sorry about all the questions but my micra has power steering will it still be possible to keep it when putting a 1.6 in?

cheers

all the work ive done my self
there shouldn't be any reason why you couldn't use pw/steering apart from clearance i never tried with the pump on

does yours have powersteering too. im off to look for a doner car early monday morning was just woundering if the doner had to be one with powersteering.

cheers

mine hasn't got power steering
i don't think they done almeara/primera with out power steering (apart from the sunny maybe)

ahhh so it should be ok to hook it up with the ps pump i shouldnt imagine clarance to be a problem we'll see if not i will have to change the steering rack.

i forgot you had p/steering scopez
it will matter how you mount the engine as scopez has done his different to mine
he never cut the chassis
theres a few different ways to do this conversion

Back