n00b alert: hello all!

hi folks! :D

i am very pleased to have stumbled across this forum. i am looking to buy a a K10 micra auto as a cheap amd reliable second car.

i was wondering if you could offer me some advise as to what i should be looking out for when i go and see one.

can i also ask - how reliable are these little beasts and whether i should go for a bigger engine size than the 1.0 litre.

thanks in advance for any replies!

:D

welcome and yes you should go for a 1.3 K11 micra...lol
just kidding, the k10 micra is one of the most relyable cars ever...
they are so not complicated they work forever......(thats a lie)

seriously if you can get a manual get one. if not then see if you can find the 1.2 auto as it will be a little less of a struggle up hills and stuff....

ant

welcome and yes you should go for a 1.3 K11 micra...lol
just kidding, the k10 micra is one of the most relyable cars ever...
they are so not complicated they work forever......(thats a lie)

seriously if you can get a manual get one. if not then see if you can find the 1.2 auto as it will be a little less of a struggle up hills and stuff....

ant

Thanks Ant :)

The reason I want an auto is because I drive mostly around gridlocked London and on top of that, I only have an auto license and dont have the time to retake in a manual.

Are there any common faults that I should be looking for or not really?

:)

Hi Mate,

I run mine as a daily hack and its been great so far- nearly 18 months with just wear and tear items going (blowing exhaust, smashed windscreen etc)

i'm sure you wont be disapointed if you got one. I believe the 1.2 is better in most ways than a 1.0, I wouldnt know as i've never driven a "big block" version.

ATB

Dan

Thanks for the welcome folks. I bought a 1992 J plate in the end, paid £350 with no tax, but with just over 30,000 miles on the clock, it seems in decent shape, although it is a little underpowered! :D

K11 Manual

I own a Micra 1.4 K11 Activ (Manual) and it has done 120 thousand miles and hasn't failed a mot yet. It's been up and down the M1 loads of times and done more laps around the M25 than a london cabby. :laugh:

So Micra's are very reliable cars, actually mainly Japaneese cars are very reliable.

Back