my Super S nearly died in the melbourne flooding :(

CMF_rowstar

» CMF Member
came home to find it washed down the road and full of water!!!

spewing big time, buckets and buckets of water needed draining, and now it is still damp as hell and stinks!! no mud thank god, just wet, so it looks clean inside still.

no idea what to do, had to slash the back seat floor carpet to let the water out from under it. it was like a waterbed. i should have drilled holes, but didn't think of that till after. but made sure the carpet slash was up under the passenger seat.

left windows open but it keeps raining and got no under cover. have a fan heater in it at the moment just running in there to try dry it out but it is just so damn wet still, seats socked also.

hoping the whole thing doesn't rust out.

and it only has a 110,000km on it! not happy!

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Sorry to hear about all the damaged Micras :( I visited a mate on Sunday who had his MY09 Forester dinted on almost every panel and a very smashed windscreen - a very sad sight indeed.

I do know of one other micra that was flooded on Saturday night and he's since ripped out all the carpet, front and rear seats in order to get all the water out and dry out the rest of the soaked bits. Just thankful both of mine were covered at the time the storm ripped through.

---dens

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
Sadly mine copped a fair bit of damage at my girlfriends house in Scoresby. Had hailstones almost the size of tennis balls.
outcome: damaged roof, bonnet, front guards and smashed front windscreen and a few little hits on the side.

not happy!

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Sad to hear of all the damage. I spoke to a family friend today who had only picked up his new FG XR6T 2 weeks ago and he said it might be written off due to the panel and water damage. He is not a happy camper since it took him years to save up enough to buy a new car. He hopes they do write it off as it will never be the same. I dont know what rain looks like anymore as we aint had non since the end of winter. The weather is getting odder every year.

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Sorry to hear about your cars... Must have come through pretty quick.
When I had no undercover parking, I would head down to the nearest supermarket(undercover) if I saw a big storm coming. I wasn't the only person that did it either lol.

Insurance???

Don't tell me I'm the only one that pays for full comprehensive on a 15yo micra?
I had 6 weeks of walking to work because I didn't, and its only like $250 more than 3rd Party fire and theft for me.

qwerty

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
Well qwerty therin lies the problem for me. If I had full comprehensive on my car I would have to be insane.

$250 I'd be fine with. But I pay about $700 a year for 3rd party fire and theft... Full comprehensive is $2k a year. And don't even ask about excess.
Damn those stupid rules for drivers under 25.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Insurance for me, one of the advantages for being 'old' Full comp and agreed value on both Micras.
Though not enough marks on my green car to bother making a claim for hail damage.
I was in the shower when it hit, ran outside in a towel (which fell off) to put blankets over the car, and if you think hail hurts when it hits you on the head, trust me when I say there are places where it hurts lots more (crosses legs in memory).

Mychael

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
lol I don't even want to think about getting hit by hail there...

Nah my insurance is way more than $250. Its the cost of TP fire and theft plus $250.

Yes, insurance sucks... The reduced the value of my car by like 40% and put the premium up this year. Also the excess went up another $100 too.

I don't think it gets that much cheaper after you turn 25. Well it didn't for me. I guess it depends on the car and if they want to insure you.

stupid insurance premiums.

qwerty

CMF_chargeR

» CMF Member
Sorry to hear about everyones cars.

My Micra had 6" of water in it on Sunday night when it was parked up in Shepparton. Pushed it out of the water and pulled all the interior out, knocked 2 holes in the floor and left it overnight. Carpet smells a bit manky now but there doesn't seem to be any other issues. No hail damage luckily.

I will be removing every piece of interior trim hopefully this week to clean and dry it. The matting behind the dash is particularly moist :S.

Back