My new car

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
well this is my new pride and joy, i have to say i absolutly love this car to bits the look the drive the power its all just one perfect package.

my fav part of all has to be the leather alancantara seats they are so comfy and the look awesome IMO really keep the inside looking up to date.

its an MR2 2.0 GT Revision 3 which as standard is running 173bhp.
it came with a FSH 68k on the clock and is absolutly mint inside and out, totally unmodified mechanically which to me was perfect.

the only mods ar the 17" lexus is200 rims and the interiror which is awesome!! :D

enjoy :D

23032006.jpg

23032006004.jpg

23032006003.jpg

23032006002.jpg

23032006001.jpg

That is really nice, how much did it skin you if you don't mind me asking?

Just dont spin it into something solid, heard they are rather twitchy.

but where do you put the golf clubs? :p

noo really..my dad had an mr2 and they are nice cars.should have no trouble with that

not intending to spin it :p

the handling is awesome people that say they are twitchy dont know how to drive rear wheel drive mid engined cars

cost me £3700 but giving its condition and service history i felt it was money very well spent.

i find myself driving far mor sensiably now its such a nice drive its nice to just cruise :D

micra man said:
Very nice mate. Always loved MR2's anyways, good to see you stayed Jap again. :D Hope you have lots of fun with it. :)

ill never go away from jap, i wanted awesome looks, lots of refinement, kick ass performance and the best reliability and the MR2 fits the bill IMO nothing says reliablity like a toyota badge :D

nice, my mate had a Mr 2, was a turbo one and it went like stink, looks very clean

great buy! lol hope u have fun :) not for another 2 years for me lol then something crazy :D lol woo

thanks guys :D im over the moon with it

insurance was £560 fully comp i could have got it for about £500 but the excess was stupid so i paid the extra 60 to avoid a £400 excess lol its only £100 now ;)

im 23 with 4 years no claims and no points btw :D

rallybunny said:
Ooooh, the green is a rare colour. My friend had one, and he got really upset when people said it was black in pictures. Sorry. :glance: :blush:

tbh it hinks its a great colour as its black by night and green by day so its really cool!

well happy with it thanks for the nice comments peoples.

rimmer next time im up your way ill take you for a spin :D

looks very nice mat. I'm after the gen 3 3s-GE engine to go in my carina GTR, it has the gen 1 in at the moment, so theres about 30hp difference between the 2.

I hope the cambelt was changed before you got it though, because its not a job you would want to do yourself in the MR2.

Nice one Matt! Be careful in the wet though! I span my Supe the other day for the first time, so easy to do in the wet if you're not completely on the ball. No harm done to the Supra though. Got to have a dainty foot sometimes!

Hope you enjoy it.

Rhys

Slim said:
looks very nice mat. I'm after the gen 3 3s-GE engine to go in my carina GTR, it has the gen 1 in at the moment, so theres about 30hp difference between the 2.

I hope the cambelt was changed before you got it though, because its not a job you would want to do yourself in the MR2.

yeah it was done at 63k and i got it on 68k so its all good :D

Yeah, I've heard they handle very well until you get to the point where the back end slides. They can be controlled but its quite hard from what I've heard, mind you, so are old porshe 911's and they're great cars.

I've always loved the look of the MR2, the only thing that put me off buying one was the fact its only got 2 seats. Thats why I went for this:

200andMicra.jpg

You'll find petrol will get you down after a while, certainly if its the turbo. I commute 60 miles a day and mine only does 20mpg (my fault, I've turned the boost pressure up etc). This is why I bought a very cheap micra as a second car to commute in. Have you sold your Micra yet?

yeah micra was sold at the weekend :) the mpg on the 2 is pretty good motorway miles are pretty good i can get about 45mpg crusing at 60 and around town its about 25-30mpg i had to run a crx del sol bofore and tbh they cost about same to run :)

Back