My Micra Down for the count :(

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
Hey guys,

Sad news on my micra, guy changed lanes without looking and side swiped me. Damage isn't too bad, hoping his insurance will cover it.

From what I can see, front bar, grill, front right guard, wheel, possibly a bent steering link not sure.

Will post pictures in a bit.

CMF_MicraNut

» CMF Member
33driver WROTE:

"still trying to get pictures up (can't find camera cable) but got it assesed today, $2200 worth of damage :(

Sounds like it might be a write-off then? How much is your micra worth? I had some bus driver come onto my side of the road and take out my wing mirror and dent the front wing and make a big gash down the drivers door they denied liability and blamed me for the accident when the bus driver was on my side of the road! I had no witnesses either which made it harder to prove my point. My car was destined for the scrapyard because it was 'beyond economical repair' but i told my insurance company that i'd repair it myself. My insurers said the car was worth £625/$1326. My car is a 1998 Nissan Micra Twister Special Edition.

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
i had the car assesed by the insurer, I asked about writing it off and he said they probably won't. The damage didn't look that bad, just a fair bit to repair it ($1500 alone for labour). I bought the car for $3000 so its pretty close. Will hopefully found out this arvo what the story is.

Back