My Litterally Fat Micra!!

CMF_REDrocketRACIING

» CMF Member
Hi K11 fans,
Just posting a photo of my micra with the nismo flares mock fitted. What are your opinions? Will post photos with flares painted and the new wheels in coming weeks!!!
Cheers, Red Rocket Racing.

Attachments

• 28462.jpg
    28462.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 28

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
hi jay, good to see that they made it to you ok. were they hard to fit? i tried to call the other day. but no answer. i wanted to ask you, what did you do in terms of injectors for your car?

CMF_REDrocketRACIING

» CMF Member
hey,
JKL it's a 30 deg stainless bend, and the silicon is a 90. then weld a small mount off the pod end of the pipe, between the pipe and a small body nut that is on the side of the strut tower. GTRHOLIC yeh the flares arrived just fine, took an hour to fit them, with some trimming here and there. but they look a treat! injectors, well i heard on the grape vine once, that a magna injector might fit...i never tried, instead ive replaced the fuel pump to one with a larger capacity and fitted a malpasi fuel regulator. just mounted that off the firewall. bcoz, if you think about it, increasing the presure the fuel runs through the injector would have the same effect a larger injector would. to add to that, stand alone computer remaps the injector firing times. BTW, GTRHOLIC, just finished installing a holley nitros kit. I recomend it!!!

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
hey jay, i'll be in rocky in november. would love to have a look at your car. will you be around? i also forgot to ask you... i remember you telling me that you are using the sr20 throttle body with the nismo adaptor. i will be using the same thing too. because the sr20 throttle does not have the afm, how did you get around that? what afm did you use?

CMF_REDrocketRACIING

» CMF Member
hi,
yeh chris, the microtech doesnt need an airflow meter! however, if you wished to fit the sr20 throtle body to a car with a stick computer, i guess you could use the flowmeter that sits behing the airbox on any sr engine. from memory theres only 3 terminals in the micra plug, and theres 3 in an sr plug. just a game of guessing. as for november, text me when the time comes, i on roster to be away for a portion of the month, but yeh i might be home.
as for the flares, yeh it was a matter shaving about 10mm off the top edge so that the underside would meet the inner guard. wheels are -23 offset!! i dont know how thats going to go on the hubs, whether the load is too harsh...

CMF_JKL

» CMF Member
REDrocketRACIING WROTE:

"hey,<BR>JKL it's a 30 deg stainless bend, and the silicon is a 90. then weld a small mount off the pod end of the pipe, between the pipe and a small body nut that is on the side of the strut tower.quote]

I must have misunderstood him, Thats the bend I thought he was asking about off the top of the T/B...
Sorry.

i'm pretty sure gtrholic got them from japan when he was over there, and sold them to redrocketracing. so... you'd have to get them from japan. these particular ones arent nismo originals, nismo's arent 70mm wide, there are a number of japanese companies that make different variations.

Back