MY K12 strikes again!

Just when you thought it was safe to drive your family to euro disney, the steering wheel becomes loose, so i take the car to my local nissan dealers and they say the steering wheel nut has come undone, they also reset my airbag warning light which was on at the same time, so 2 days with no car and £44.40 later i now have my micra back.

She is on an 06 plate, has anyone else had this happen to them?

Oh and nissan customer department didnt want to know as the car is over 5 years old (just) even tho she has less than 30,000 miles on the clock and a full nissan history.

I really love my car but come on loose steering wheels?????

It's a wee bit of a known issue to be honest but understandably one Nissan don't shout about. It's an easy enough thing to fix: disconnect negative battery terminal, undo a couple of screws to remove the cover, unplug and CAREFULLY remove the airbag module, tighten up steering wheel :).

Just when you thought it was safe to drive your family to euro disney, the steering wheel becomes loose, so i take the car to my local nissan dealers and they say the steering wheel nut has come undone, they also reset my airbag warning light which was on at the same time, so 2 days with no car and £44.40 later i now have my micra back.

She is on an 06 plate, has anyone else had this happen to them?

Oh and nissan customer department didnt want to know as the car is over 5 years old (just) even tho she has less than 30,000 miles on the clock and a full nissan history.

I really love my car but come on loose steering wheels?????

time to stop loving "it" for the safety of the family ,too many faults in the k12 french mobile

Yeah frank, I think Renault heard that expression, didn't understand it properly and designed it into the K12 :laugh:

Back