My K11 won't start

Hi everyone! My beloved Nissan Micra K11 2002 won't start after I noticed there was water collecting water in the footwell, making the carpets wet. I sealed around the windscreen which stopped leaks, and dried out the carpet but still would not start. A mobile mechanic then replaced the crank sensor - but still no spark... Any suggestions?

The RPM reading on my simple Autel code reader stays at 0 when i crank the engine (see pic).

i changed the crank sensor and thought about the ECU because the carpets were so wet from the rain that came - there are several electronics boxes for air bags etc and i'm not sure which one controls the engine

Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 10.06.21.png

We've replaced the crank position sensor, still no spark. We checked the supply voltage to the crank position sensor, and there wasn't any... The orange engine light doesn't come on or flickers when you turn the ignition. We disconnected the cable loom from the ECU, gave it some WD40 and reconnected but still no supply voltage to the crank position sensor.

The cam position sensor showed 5 supply voltage in the middle pin but now it has gone to 0. Do you think it's an ECU issue?

Check the relais, fuse and connectors next to the battery. Ive once fixed a k11 that had the same issues and there it was crud on the contacts on 1 of the plugs next to the battery.

Checked relays and fuses, and cleaned the connectors in the picture - they had a lot of dirt in them! We also changed the cam sensor and this helped some of the issues, like the flickering engine light and intermittent radiator fan. Sadly still no spark.

There is also a new whirring noise from underneath the airbox, do you have any suggestions? Thank you for your help!

connectors.jpeg

Back