My K10 turbo RR results :)

Super S 1.5T

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
My new K10 TURBO has been on a rolling road today and i can say that it has come out with some extremely good results.............

139 BHP
145 lbft of torque

……….. That’s a 25 BHP gainJ :p:love:

This is very impressive for only an exhaust system and a filter. Also everything else is standard with standard boost!! :p

Standard power for the engine is 114bhp with 121 lbft of torque.

The car has a hell of a lot more potential. All in all it was a good day and I am very pleased with the results. :devil::love::upside::

The main guy was really impressed with the conversion and so were all the other people around.:unclesam:

Cheers

Umar

Congratulations Umar! Very good results. :)

Is this your new K10 turbo you have built... or the one I had a ride in?

Do you have any piccies. :D

-Elliot

Almost 22% more power with just new exhaust and filter!!! That's god damn impressive! Are you sure that the engine is otherwise stock?

Oh and for the pics, could you put them in some place where also non-members could see them? I'd really like too see how your new beast looks :cool:

And by the way, are you planning to change the turbo to something bigger? I just bought T25G (A/R 0.80) for my car and it didn't cost much. :)

Teekoo- the engine is stock mate , i know i did the engine conversion, and also it came out of totally standard cherry turbo :) i am not changing the turbo on this car, like i have wrote above this car is for sale

no idea about the 0-60 but if anyone has a G-Tech that i can borrow then i'll run the car and it will be good to compare to ED's car....

i quite like the car being standard from outside, really does take people by suprise when they hear it nevermind it go:p

cheers guys

umar

RE: RE: My K10 turbo RR results :)

Super S 1.5T said:
Teekoo- the engine is stock mate , i know i did the engine conversion, and also it came out of totally standard cherry turbo :) i am not changing the turbo on this car, like i have wrote above this car is for sale
Well, I just have to believe you, it just sounds unbelievable that only filter and exhaust gave so much power :)

By the way, is that 1500 euros or pounds? (I'm not sure what corrency you are using atm :wasntme: )

And I'd also like to see the pics of your car :)

that would be 1500 pounds which is 2244 euros. 13343 finland markkaa if you still use it? or does your country use the euro now?

Ian

indeed they are some nice gains over standard spec.

this car is easily capable of breaking into the 200BHP mark.
if this car is set-up right it could be one of the fastest k10s in the country

Ian temptation isn't good enuff:laugh: you know you want it:p
as you know there isn't many opportunities to own a Turbocharged Micra, especially the old shape as peeps wanna modify the k11s rather than the old retro K10:p

Teekoo mate, why is it unbelievable, i knew it was gonna produce around the 140 Mark, as i had a Cherry with only a filter and zorst and it produced around about same power.
I know yours will be more than 140 easily, close to the 170 if not a bit more.. thats cos i know these engines very well:)

btw this is a link form a previous thread as you may have read in the buy and sell section regarding this car so whoever was tempted then hopefully will still be interested.
K10 Turbo

Regards

im sure george's (nicon 23) litle project with a k10 is sure to beat it

but thats an impressive car umar,,nice one:)

Attachments

• gear linkage 1.jpg
    gear linkage 1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 176
  • gear linkage 2.jpg
    gear linkage 2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 172
RIK said:
im sure george's (nicon 23) litle project with a k10 is sure to beat it

but thats an impressive car umar,,nice one:)

I'm not sure it would you know. It would be very close!!! Especially if they both were tuned. :)

RE: RE: My K10 turbo RR results :)

Ian said:
that would be 1500 pounds which is 2244 euros. 13343 finland markkaa if you still use it? or does your country use the euro now?
Thanks Ian :) We are using euros and have used since the beginning of 2002 but I still have to calculate how much something would cost in marks :laugh:
I just calculated that building my Micra cost me around 2000-2200 euros but it also included all the bodywork and painting that I also had to do. I did all by myself and it cost me around the same as Umar is asking for his car so I think that Umar is selling it cheap!

Super S 1.5T said:
Teekoo mate, why is it unbelievable, i knew it was gonna produce around the 140 Mark, as i had a Cherry with only a filter and zorst and it produced around about same power.
I know yours will be more than 140 easily, close to the 170 if not a bit more.. thats cos i know these engines very well:)
It's unbelievable because E15ET stock is only 114hp. I've heard about Cherry tuners here in Finland that they've had around 140hp with free-flow air filter, bigger exhaust, boost raised to 0,8-1,0 bar with intercooler and raised fuel pressure. That's why it sounds unbelievable that you have that kind of power with only filter and exhaust fwn

Although, I'm not sure about the dynos and the power correction ratings here, are they the same as you have. Also it depends on the dyno that is used and there are some differences between them. For example one car magazine here did a test with completely stock Lexus IS200 and they travelled around Finland testing the power of the car. Factory says that Lexus has 155hp, the highest rating we got was 153hp and the lowest was only 136hp... Also some cars that were dynoed in US and had something like 600hp from their dynos had even under 500hp when they were dynoed here.

There seems to be quite a thing here with extreme correction factors, using coastdown losses, which are a waste of time. I recently saw a car that had 170BHP at the wheels, corrected to 280BHP at the fly, which just isn't right. If people just quoted wheel horse power, then it would be easier to compare, but power figures are all about boasting.

yes all figures should be in whp to make it simple and universal. car manufactureres should give this figure aswell, anyone know why they dont?
dynos i think differ aswell, i heard that single roller axle dynos are better..?

Thanks for pics :)

Nice sleeper, all just think it's normal Super S with 1.2 :devil: But when they see how it goes o_O

You are just selling it too cheap, you could get more money from it imo

It is cheap, but that is my starting price LOL
i have a figure in mind and if sum1 gives me close enuff to it, then its thiers:)

i will be putting her on E-bay too, so keep a watch out.

not a prob mate,hope you like the all black K10T:p

regards

From that graph it looks to me like the turbo is running out of flow. I say this from the way the torque graph is flat then starts to fall off above 4000 odd rpm. This usually always occours when the turbo begins to exit the efficient range of its operation.

i have to say that when he dyno'd my car,
he tested the car a few times before getting this result, and he never put a fan in front of the car, which does make a difference. also by the time he did get the result my car was well hot thus with the dip in graph. when u drive a car cold air hits it and that makes a big difference!!!

BTW Ed

when you're in the modifying world, when a standard bit in a car is ineffiecient enough, you have to go for the uprated parts, such as yourself. when you had to get a Turbo for your car,wot was the need of a T25? why not for the same size like stock, and why have you fitted uprated bits to your car then?
....obviosly u knew u were going to at some point chase big power figure but im not, not in this car anyway, but for my other K10 turbo, YES!

like i wrote, the car has the potential to be made better and the next owner can do this but for the time being the car is fine:)

umar

Back