My K10- Thanks!

K10

Ex. Club Member
Hi Peeps :grinning:

I've had me micra now for a week, and this weekend i managed to replace all three handbrake cables, new cam and fan belt, will prob give it an oil and fiters change too before it goes in for an MOT start of may.

Took a pic too- although this is without the standard wheel trims it came with:

micra.jpg

So it will now be my daily car, as I'm putting new dampers on my other as we speak.

Thanks to all who advised on the purchase, see you around on here :grinning: :k10:

Spark plugs might be a good idea as well, I replaced mine and it goes like the wind now!!

If your changing filters and stuff, maybe just give it a full service. Leads, plugs, rotor arm, oils etc!

I suggest avoiding Bosch / halfrauds ignition components and get them from Nissan. They may be a little pricey (£40 for HT leads) but they're the best!

Arnold said:
If your changing filters and stuff, maybe just give it a full service. Leads, plugs, rotor arm, oils etc!

I suggest avoiding Bosch / halfrauds ignition components and get them from Nissan. They may be a little pricey (£40 for HT leads) but they're the best!

surely K10 leads will be cheaper than £40? my K11 ones cost £38 lol

Nope! Being older and less demand for them, you'd expect the price to be higher. Different dealers charge different prices anyway tho so somewhere else, they could have been £20, £30 etc! Our nearest dealer is around 20 miles away which is why i paid that much - made such a difference tho so well worth it

the leads and cap look as if theyve been changed very recently, as does the fuel filter- so just an oil and filter and air filter change should do it for now :grinning:

Just found another pic, new cambelt on:

cambelt.JPG

Plans? Well, i shouldnt really have and plans for my daily driver, but knowing me I might do a few bits to it! Fancy a sports steering wheel like what I'm used to actually, as the one thats in there feels a bit thin! Also used to a rev counter too, so will probarly put one of those in at some point- think I have some old gauges lying around in the garage.

And if I can find a reason to...... I'll probarly lower it :grinning:

Back