My gearbox is dieing! :(

input shaft bearing?

the gears engage and run smoothly, but there is a loud whine which changes with speed/revs,

when in neutral if i let the clutch out a loud rumble can be heard, this also changes with engine revs,

when changing down gear i can hear the gear spinning up before i let the clutch pedal out.

what are my options?, is there a fix? or a new gearbox?

The oil level was low, after topping up the gear change was alot smoother, but noise remained.

the gearbox has always made this noise in 1st, but recently it suddenly spread to all the 4 gears lol

like frank said it sounds like a bearing is gone, is it a 1 litre or 1.3? i have a gearbox for the 1.3 if you end up needing a new one, are both your shafts in rite, like you havent changed a cv joint or sumthing and not put the shaft it right??

supercharger? lol, no joking apart there is a person on ebay selling 4 and 5 speed boxes for £75 + P+P (although i dont know if he posts!! have a search.

The whine is beginning to dull, although i am relieved, i'm also worried that it's a "calm before the storm" situation.

unless the good old k10 heard me talking about bluebirds again and decided to fix itself like it has done on so many occasions haha

Back