My black SR

My black 97 SR 1.3 had a nasty key scratch down the passenger side from font to back when i bought it. I got the fogs working last week and have just fitted a new exhaust this morning that sounds nice and yes that is tape over the headlights

DSC_0916_zps6544fee9.jpg

DSC_0917_zps14da4465.jpg

DSC_0918_zps851ad1e1.jpg

DSC_0919_zps44af9195.jpg

DSC_0911_zpsc80ab97a.jpg

DSC_0920_zps4722e80e.jpg

Ok, daft question but perhaps someone can answer me this, what the difference in the SR to the Si? My wife's one seems to have the same wheels, body trim etc, does not look as low as that one, (not got as many dents either) and the wheels seem to suit that more than the same wheels on my wife's one?

Ok, daft question but perhaps someone can answer me this, what the difference in the SR to the Si? My wife's one seems to have the same wheels, body trim etc, does not look as low as that one, (not got as many dents either) and the wheels seem to suit that more than the same wheels on my wife's one?

Perhaps it's the inside trim? I'll get some photos of it on tonight and you can see, and I think mine is a higher than normal ride height compared to my micra passon I had before and another I was parked next to.

Perhaps it's the inside trim? I'll get some photos of it on tonight and you can see, and I think mine is a higher than normal ride height compared to my micra passon I had before and another I was parked next to.

I can't remember what book it was, but I read that the stock hight of later k11 was 5% (or mm?) higher then earlier/cheaper models to give comfort. Might be a load of bull though.

As for the SI, mostly the same if I remember, with facelift look and interior. The si does come with those 'sr' alloys normally as far as I've seen. Interior wise, no bucket (sr, supers) seats just standard shaped ones. And hsve those round driving (fog) lamps on the front. Based on memory

I can't remember what book it was, but I read that the stock hight of later k11 was 5% (or mm?) higher then earlier/cheaper models to give comfort. Might be a load of bull though.

As for the SI, mostly the same if I remember, with facelift look and interior. The si does come with those 'sr' alloys normally as far as I've seen. Interior wise, no bucket (sr, supers) seats just standard shaped ones. And hsve those round driving (fog) lamps on the front. Based on memory

Yes definitely no bucket seats here........i wished there was!!! As for ride height, very likely as this thing looks like it's on stilts, and those wheels look tiny on it. Definitely feel it needs to be lowered at least 30mm, Don't want cut springs so it'll be a case of lowering springs, and getting them powder coated black to look stock. That way wife won't know the different lol!
Tyres I am going swap out for 185/60/13, but not sure if wife will be too happy as this has not got power steering.........but she wants me to retro fit that lot. Not sure if it's worth it or not to be honest.

Yes definitely no bucket seats here........i wished there was!!! As for ride height, very likely as this thing looks like it's on stilts, and those wheels look tiny on it. Definitely feel it needs to be lowered at least 30mm, Don't want cut springs so it'll be a case of lowering springs, and getting them powder coated black to look stock. That way wife won't know the different lol!
Tyres I am going swap out for 185/60/13, but not sure if wife will be too happy as this has not got power steering.........but she wants me to retro fit that lot. Not sure if it's worth it or not to be honest.

Hmm not common for facelift not to have PAS? Must be very early version. I've done PAS retro fit many times, don't mind giving a hand/advice.

http://www.micra.com.au/technical-articles/power-steering-conversion.php

Hmm not common for facelift not to have PAS? Must be very early version. I've done PAS retro fit many times, don't mind giving a hand/advice.

http://www.micra.com.au/technical-articles/power-steering-conversion.php
your a star sir!! Yes i was a little surprised it was missing, given it had all the rest of the toys, and being an SR, but it has a reg date of late 98 so build date could have been well earlier. Just think its a case of sourcing ALL the bits from one place, think buying them in bits could lead to headaches and parts missing.!

Back