Doing my head in now !

Hi all, after some advice if possible?

97, K11, 67k Mike's.

Last 5 years running fine. Around October dizzy failed, replaced with a secondhand one. Fine until December, misfiring etc, changed rotor arm, cap and leads. It now runs but , it sounds as though the exhaust is blowing, put your hand over the exhaust tail pipe the gases push it away and no apparent blowing in the system? Black smoke when you accelerate hard or blip the throttle. I checked the timing today with a timing light, tps disconnected, it was "off", problem easily solved I thought, nope, on loosening the dizzy locking bolts and trying to adjust it I find it is at the end of its adjustment slot? Marks should align at 5th from the left , correct? Only gets to 4th. In for MOT next week and running out if ideas?

Any pointers please?

I have 2 K11's pre facelifts (both low mileage) and funny enough had similar the black smoke on both & occasional bad low idle.

On one I soldered the MAF sensor all good, that fixed it and no further issues.

On the other (the daily runner for commuting), I soldered the MAF sensor and that seemed to solved it. Though occasionally the idle randomly drops to 250rpm and runs rough, then kicks back in again up to normal, I think on the daily runner could be idle control valve, which requires cleaning out, but haven't got around to it yet.

Back