Mud Guards

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
Mud Guards / SLX Bumpers

Hi All

Ive been thinking about this for a while now... what if I spay painted my mud guards white? (and painted the "Nissan" embossed bit red). My car is a white K10 with all standard bodywork and I just feel like a little project :laugh:

What paint would hold... and is it really worth doing lol?

What do you guys think?

Thank You!

sound like a good idea chap, being that the plastic is quite hard most paint should bond if you prep the surface and use a plastic primer about 3 coats should do the trick, to get a really shiney finish id recomend doing it in a well heated area or use a hair drier or heat gun between coats :)

lets us know how it goes ;)

hehe

Im thinking of using some polycarbonate paint, as its got flexibility and it wont crack when the mudguard flexes.

Not sure how i'd get it shiny?

What paint do you think I should use?

just make sure the paint is kept warm after painting it that should make it shine, if not use some rubbing compound after painting it to make it shine :D

Donno, White guards don't look nice in my OPINUN... Although being on a white car it should fit in sweet...

If you dont have colour coded bumpers tho...its pointless..

D4R73N said:
Donno, White guards don't look nice in my OPINUN... Although being on a white car it should fit in sweet...

If you dont have colour coded bumpers tho...its pointless..

we all have to start somewhere ;) no one else has done this i think so be good to see what it looks like

Thanks for the advice dudes. :grinning:

Took off the mud guards (might be needing a new screw or four :D) and cleared off the muck.

Took the opportunity to clean (and wax...) the car... looks nice and shiny now

Sprayed them white, and was surprised to see how shiny the paint stayed as it dried (used a hairdrier extensively). Despite having sprayed lots of stuff before (RC car bodyshells mainly), I made a couple of mistakes :grinning: so its not perfect in places.

I'll paint the "Nissan" embold letters red tomorrow afternoon and then get you guys some images.

P1030837.jpg

Dada!! :laugh:

Gonna fit to the car tomorrow afternoon when the paint should be properly dry.

Haha! Finally got round to finishing the front ones!

micra_side_mudflaps.jpg

Really makes the car stand out without looking stupid, I'd recommend it to any white micra owner!

great job mate! perhpas you should try and find some GSX white bumpers down your local scrap yard, woul make the car look perfect with those funky mud flaps :)

Well Im hoping they won't flex too much!

On the front ones I used a slightly different method of painting, including some different paint which is designed to be flexy.

hey mate i have a set of white gsx bumpers which you can have for 20 notes i live in portsmouth so you can pick them up or i can arange for them to be in new milton for u

Wow, sounds great.

How hard are they to fit? And what do they look like, are they in good condition?

Many thanks Fox...

New Milton sounds perfect, will they fit in the back of my Micra or shall I bring the Astra?

im happy to fit them for you mate if you come to pick them up we can swap them on the spot will prob only take 45 mins or so :)

Sounds like fun, but I still dont know which bumpers the GSX ones are... does someone have a pic of these on a white micra?

Will it look good?

hey mate unfortunatly my car is off the road so u may have to travel down to fareham but if u do me and speedle can fit them for u the bumpers are the same as standard but the lower half of them bellow the ridge are white they are in almost perfect condition as far as i remember

i dont get on much so call me on 07746844271 and we can sort something out

Sounds cool fox.

Im a little busy at the moment, need to wait for a free sunday really. Sunday 19th might be ok but i'll let you know.

:unclesam:

Sure, although I'll probably phone him when I see a day off coming...

Got school weekdays and saturday job to attend to. Since its an hour drive each way and a stop to change it etc i'll need half a day for that. :glance:

Still want to do it tho! :grinning:

he said earlier that it was white.

they look awesome man, i might do the same if i have the time and some white paint left over from other mods i'm planning.

sunday should be ok got to sort it out with mat and i have moved now to locksheath so we will have to chat about it give me a call when u can and we can sort things out

Cool. I'll phone you soon.

A Bumper change like this doesnt count as a body kit does it? I mean for the insurance, they don't need to know do they?

Thanks.

i wouldnt of thought so all they usually do is raise the insurance when u fit after market kits like mine is
what we will need to do is either organise for them to be done at mats or u pick them up and we go to a car park to fit them as policy round my new flat is no car repairs but we can fit them just got to sort out where i expect mats will be ok

OK Sounds good to me.

Better if I don't have to drive too far though, my parents don't like me making "unnecesary" journeys :glare:

Depends where Matt wants to meet...

Looking good mate! Your rear wiper arm looks like its sitting a bit high up tho! Maybe lower it down a little, apart from that, its good!! Like the mudflaps

Yeah the rear wiper is a bit dead actually. :doh:

Planning on getting some SLX/SS dials for it next, so ive got a proper rev counter. Got a quote for £41 for this, but im just looking around for a cheaper deal.

After that i'll change the suspension cause Paul rekoned it felt a bit soft, on its way out he said... :upside:

Then its the 1.2 engine...

Ahhh plenty to keep me entertained :wasntme:

Turtle could you take a picture from how you fitted it? I'v bought also mud guards. I am curious, how you did it :D

thanks

Hi there.

2 photo showing where the screws hold on the mud guards. First one is the front drivers side (passenger for you I expect!) and the other one is the left rear. The left rear was pretty rusty and I used a third bolt for peace of mind.

mudguards_screws.jpg

mudguards_screws2.jpg

Thanks for the pictures :D. I have bought standard (red) mud guards. Butt i need to make them fit. I have to cut them in to shape. That's why i needed the pictures. ;)

Sorry for my bad english ;)

holland_micra said:
Thanks for the pictures :D. I have bought standard (red) mud guards. Butt i need to make them fit. I have to cut them in to shape. That's why i needed the pictures. ;)

Sorry for my bad english ;)
Don't be sorry, your English is better than some people on here! :)

I guarantee our Dutch is much worse than your English is :)

James.

Back