Mounting Adjustable Panhard Rod

CMF_Pyro

» CMF Member
Hi Micra enthusiasts,

I bought an adjustable panhard rod the other day but I am not too sure about fitting it. For example: how do I know what the right length for the bar is? Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Remove the old panhard rod. Push the axle towards the left hand side of the car. Just wobble it around a bit. Then lower the jack so the vehicle sits on the ground. Make sure the wheels are lined up properly with the front wheels and then adjust the panhard rod length to best suit. Tighten the locking nut.

If in doubt take it to get a wheel alignment and they should be able to adjust the length of the panhard rod for you.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
With the car on the ground, measure the gap between the rims & the chassis rail / inner gaurd or similar, on each side & adjust the panhard rod to make it the same

CMF_Pyro

» CMF Member
nz_aj WROTE:

"With the car on the ground, measure the gap between the rims & the chassis rail / inner gaurd or similar, on each side & adjust the panhard rod to make it the same

Correct me if I'm wrong; but this is probably the procedure when the car is on its original ride height, as mine is already lowered, the measurements would be incorrect.

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
i think he means after the new springs are in... if you have new springs?? if the springs are in then just take out your old one out and then just adjust it till it looks like there in the centre.. or if you want to measure it just make sure its even on both sides

Back