MOT Fail

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Car Failed MOT Today

Failed on;-

Nearside and Offside Front Indicator bulbs inccorect colour (apparantly its faded over a year)

Side repeaters bulbs incorrect colour

Both Front Headlamps not in good working order adversely affected beam image

Offside rear lower seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded.

End of

Advisory notice... eg not mot fail but are advisable to be fixed.

Amp cable is touching Negitave and might rub the insulation and cause a fire.

Both outter CV BOOTS perished (whatever that is)

Springs loose in cups. :s

how do i sort out the headlight problem??

A Cv boot is a bit of rubber that connects the driveshaft to the hub (i think) someone correct me if im wrong

Sorry but a CV joint is what connects a driveshaft to hub, a CV boot covers it to prevent grit and dirt getting in damaging them, advisable to get sorted quick.

ill have to have a look tomorrow on the ramps at kwik fit and see whats going on. How i fix the lights/

have you ahnged the bulbs in the lights?

if so then put them bk 2 std if not replace the bulbs ;)

aww Andy... Snap mine failed today...

bad!! gonna be out of pocket round £300ish...

>CV (constant velocity) boots perished.
>o/side wheel bearing.
>o/side,n/side brake pads and discs.
>rear brake shoes, possidble drum for o/side.
>FRONT CROSSMEMBER, omg my finger went through a portion, lol.
>reg lights wrong colour+facing following traffic.
>slight welds on bothe sills to the rear.
>headlights offset.

i nearly did cry:(
first MOT with kit on tho, you gotta love it:)

Unlucky mean micra they dont like us modded micras much lol.

CV i got told is only a couple of quid.

Luckly i replaced my discs and brake pads for xmas prezzie as they were down to metal :eek: :D

In respect to micraROB the bulbs have been changed yes. Ones got a green tint and ones got a blue tint. Could this be the problem?? Also the green tint is slightly duller than the blue tint which is clearer and whiter.

Ill sort out the lamps tomorrow but where can i get CV from? Also which seatbelt is it? Rear Passenger Side??

Was this National Micra MOT day? I had mine in aswell and guess what, it failed.

Failed on Brake Effieciency on the rear, needed new shoes and a O.F.R. Brake cylinder

Front offside sidelight not correct.

Front indicator bulbs showing whitelight, even though they were the correct colour.

Passed once the brakes and sidelight were fixed, set me back an extra £100 though, gutted.

Hope yours passes soon mate.

i didnt think that it can fail on having perished cv joints, thought that they can only be failed if they are split?

my mate offered me a mot test cert, but ya dnt have to got to tha garage (probs illegal) 45quid, all legit cert and stamp, just dont go on the computers. thjinking about it but dunno

R05_Micra said:
my mate offered me a mot test cert, but ya dnt have to got to tha garage (probs illegal) 45quid, all legit cert and stamp, just dont go on the computers. thjinking about it but dunno

just look after your car rite and pay up like everyone else does!

people wonder why brakes fail "for no reason" ,,get it MOT'd

R05_Micra said:

there is 100% no point of having an illegal MOT the whole point of an MOT is so that the car is safe for you and everyone else in it..if you dont check the car and the breaks fail and you have a nasty accident isnt really worth the 45 quid it costs for the MOT is it?!!

R05_Micra said:

Probs Illegal?? Try definately Illegal. Although it is tempting etc especially if you would need to do work or if you have a mod like a Janspeed manifold that would need changing still get the MOT - its there for a reason, if not for your own safety driving the car, then the others around it or in it.

Fordy said:
i didnt think that it can fail on having perished cv joints, thought that they can only be failed if they are split?

it did not fail on that account. Just is recommended to be done.

How do i sort out the headlights then? new bulbs?

Andy_S said:
Unlucky mean micra they dont like us modded micras much lol.

CV i got told is only a couple of quid.
cv is more than a couple of quid, or it will be if you leave em much longer in this weather mate.

all the grit and crap will get in and soon corrode

R05_Micra said:

Bad idea man

sorry for me awkward post post but i was just saying, im gonna get it done proper as iknow its not woth ya life if anything is wrong, i was just mentioning it.

Back