MOT FAIL (could of been worse though)

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
Mot day today. Failed on offside lower ball joint. £45-50 to sort.
Not great but could have been much more of a headache. Thought i'd share my news.

Another question. I'v been eyeing up a P reg 1.3GX (i own a L reg 1.0LX). Is the gearbox in the 1.3's stronger than the 1.0's?
And The grill seems to have changed when you get to the P reg and onwards.
What else did nissan change/make better at P reg and onwarsd?

Cheers folks

Simon

it is a different box as people who have a 1ltr to 1.3 engine con have noticed "differances" as they are still running the 1ltr box.

Also you have the mid rear brake light, interior design has changed, if you find one with PAS thats better but adds weight. other things include NATs on some models, i've also noticed a slight "jigg" around with the fuse boxes depending on what "options" are on it - PAS, ABS air con etc

Ian. It's a GX model that im looking at , 96 P reg. What age is yours? and do you thing trying to get a newer model than a P reg would be a better option?
Cheers

Anyone else with an opinion, i'd like to hear it.

SimonK11 said:
is the gearbox in the 1.3's stronger than in the 1.0's?
yes im 100% sure the 1.3 box is stronger then a 1.0l Box.

My GX is P reg. it's upto wether to get one of that age or a newer one. Mine had 59k with a FNSH and it has been stoneguarded and kept in a garage so the sills/crossmember etc are practially spotless. If its a decent car at a decent price its probably not worth passing up.

Ian

New Grill, front & rear anti-roll bars, tilt steering wheel, uprated interior trim, immobilser, foot rest, intermittant front wipers, new steering wheels. Some info from Parkers and late 1995 Micra brocher

cheers for the info guys.
I probably go and take a look at this 1.3 GX.
Are the SR/SI models any faster or is it just added extras you get, like rev counter e.t.c?

Like Ian said there not faster, BUT i personally think there look alot better then the other Micra models, here's what you get on the SR (late 1995-1998):

Front driving lamps (look like fog lights)
Body coloured Sports bumpers
Body coloured bump strips
Body coloured Spoiler
Body coloured mirrors
Alloys
Body coloured mud guards
Rev counter
Sports seats
Electric windows
Sunroof

Edit: If i was you, I would look at an SR / Si

The SR / SI sounds tempting, but they seem to be really hard to find.
I've been searching autotrader e.t.c and certainly up here in Edinburgh there is a distinct lack of those models.
Am i right in saying that the insurance group is higher? 5 instead of 3?

i have a GX 1.3 and it is such a good car. really well built and you can really see the differences between the GX and the L.

one thing people seem to have overlooked, the GX has A piller tweeters too :)

the SR's main difference is it's body kit. but i've put an SR tacho and bucket seats in my GX and I have a set of bumpers to go on too.

My micra is a four door with sun roof. but there are a pre facelift range of GXs and face lift ones. mine is a pre facelift which i personally prefer but it's all a matter of taste :)

if anyone is buying a micra I say you choose a 1.3 or 1.4 if your lucky and make sure the chassis is free of rust... that's very important because all the micras i see in the scrap yard are there becuse the jacking points on the sills have rusted through...

hope this helps :)

i have the facelift gx all the toys including the tweeters and rear speakers as standard. id say the gx is the luxo model. unless your going for a all out racer or track car the weight wont bother you much. i used to have the L which is the lightest one considering it is the base model. the gx imo is the best one. especially if your going for a sleeper.

*agrees

i think the Gx is the one down from the Sr so its almost the best

Ive seen a really nice 2002 Micra S at a good price, 45,000 miles.
It is only the 1.0, but do you think i should hold out for a 1.3?
If i put an exhaust and induction kit on the 1.0 the power wouldnt be far from the 1.3, would it?

Back