MOT Advisory Questions

Dear Forum Members,

I have a Nissan Micra 2009 (25th Anniversary Edition) . Had my MOT recently, which it passed first time. However it had the following advisory's, please could someone explain to me whether these would be costly to fix or not (and also what they mean if possible) ?

"Front Brakes imbalanced requirements only just met. It would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair. "
"Nearside Front Lower Suspension arm ball joint has slight play"
"Rear Coil spring corroded both side "

For either items 1 or 2 the garage said you should be ok for another 3-4 months - but I can't remember which item !
No.3 was also an advisory last year

Thank you in advance.

Front disc brakes and pads could do with renewing they are an easy fix, a qiuick check is around £50 for the set and if you have the garage fit them then there is the labour charges to facture in.
Two coil springs are around £30 plus labour if you need the garage to fit?

the slight play in ball joint is minor ( as per advisery), however they are about £30 to replace, However I advice changing both sides and price for two is cheaper plus the garage fees if you need this. all in all the parts are cheap, to keep these gems on the road.

when you compare modern cars parts £1200 for a front headlight if the led side light goes faulty the whole unit has to be thrown away. So much for eco motoring!!!

Front disc brakes and pads could do with renewing they are an easy fix, a qiuick check is around £50 for the set and if you have the garage fit them then there is the labour charges to facture in.
Two coil springs are around £30 plus labour if you need the garage to fit?

the slight play in ball joint is minor ( as per advisery), however they are about £30 to replace, However I advice changing both sides and price for two is cheaper plus the garage fees if you need this. all in all the parts are cheap, to keep these gems on the road.

when you compare modern cars parts £1200 for a front headlight if the led side light goes faulty the whole unit has to be thrown away. So much for eco motoring!!!

Thank you so much, really appreciate the answer !

Rear spring corroded isn't worth dealing with, it will never be a fail until one snaps. Isn't technically an advisory, but some places put it as its an easy job they can charge for money for.
Brakes, do as suggested. Soon. New fluid and a seal service won't go a miss.
Ball joint, service item, 13 quid for a new one but needs a press. 30 for a new wishbone with it in. Change bone.

Rear spring corroded isn't worth dealing with, it will never be a fail until one snaps. Isn't technically an advisory, but some places put it as its an easy job they can charge for money for.
Brakes, do as suggested. Soon. New fluid and a seal service won't go a miss.
Ball joint, service item, 13 quid for a new one but needs a press. 30 for a new wishbone with it in. Change bone.
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Back