most b oost you can run

CMF_sarge3uk

» CMF Member
hello quick question whats the most boost you can run on standard pistons and rods im uprating everything else ive got a massive spec sheet and cause im lazy i dont want to write it out

sarge3uk WROTE:

"hello quick question whats the most boost you can run on standard pistons and rods im uprating everything else ive got a massive spec sheet and cause im lazy i dont want to write it out

cant be that massive if you running standard pistons and rods then eh? :) what compression you planning on, and what headgasket are you using? can't really answer the question unless we know compression, but even with lower compression, i'd still be a bit weary going over 10psi, depends how good your tuner is too... if it detonates, the higher the boost, the easier it will break ring lands/rings.

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
I ran around 10 psi, with standard internals, I lowered the compression with a spacer plate, and used an apexi SAFC as a fuel controller.. With a nice big FMIC..

152.4 bhp
151 lb/ft or Torque.. very reliable..

The car was like a rocket!

sarge3uk WROTE:

"kristian im planning on using the same thing were did you get the spacer plate from and how much <BR><BR>the list is massive believe me

please tell. everyone on here would be interested in your setup. so far we've got:

sarge3uk WROTE:

"im going to be running t2 turbo
1600 injectors (may go bigger sr20 poss)and 1600 throttlebody
standard manifold(customized for the setup)
2"exhaust straight through
3 angle grind (valves)
adjustable boost (starlet lo-hi boost swith)(5-8psi)
uprated actuator
rs turbo intercooler
2kg lightened flywheel
nissan skyline gts fuel pump
adjustable fuel pressure regualotor
standard pistons
standard rods

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
I believe the spacer plate can be bought for around 60-70 GBP

My spec list was similar

1600 Injectors
1.3tb
Fse Adj Fuel pressure Regulator
Walbro 255lt motorsport fuel pump
Modified standard manifold
Gtir Elbow
Custom full exhaust system, 2.5'' throughout ( No CAT )
T2 Hybrid turbo
Braided oil Feed from head & Return to sump
Large FMIC and 2.5'' piping throughout
Forge Dumpvalve
Manual Boost controller

Apexi SAFC, mapped on dyno dynamics

Ran 1 Bar of boost pushing 176 bhp.. However it was very lean..

..So lowered to boost to 0.8/9 Bar to keep the air/fuel ratio within reliabilty .. the maxed out injectors were to small..

..however with bigger injectors, the higher boost would of been maintained, and therfore the Higher BHP..

Im sure you guys have seen my white turbo micra?..

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
kristian... WROTE:

"I believe the spacer plate can be bought for around 60-70 GBP<BR><BR>My spec list was similar<BR><BR>1600 Injectors<BR>1.3tb<BR>Fse Adj Fuel pressure Regulator<BR>Walbro 255lt motorsport fuel pump<BR>Modified standard manifold<BR>Gtir Elbow<BR>Custom full exhaust system, 2.5'' throughout ( No CAT )<BR>T2 Hybrid turbo<BR>Braided oil Feed from head &amp; Return to sump<BR>Large FMIC and 2.5'' piping throughout<BR>Forge Dumpvalve<BR>Manual Boost controller<BR><BR>Apexi SAFC, mapped on dyno dynamics<BR><BR>Ran 1 Bar of boost pushing 176 bhp.. However it was very lean..<BR><BR><BR>..So lowered to boost to 0.8/9 Bar to keep the air/fuel ratio within reliabilty .. the maxed out injectors were to small.. <BR><BR><BR>..however with bigger injectors, the higher boost would of been maintained, and therfore the Higher BHP..<BR><BR>Im sure you guys have seen my white turbo micra?..

Yikes, have you got a graph showing AFR v's RPM? I would be using injectors of around 300cc/min+ to run that setup safely with a max duty of around 80% at full rpm.

140bhp from a naturally aspirated CGA3 on GA16 injectors is the most you can get, and even they have to be backed off to get a bit of reliability while larger injectors were sourced.

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
img0315fq7.jpg

This was a Dyno graph..

showing torque and power...

You can see where the power curve flatlines, this was the injectors at max duty.. it starts to lean out here..

So with the fueling set-up this way at 9/10 psi it was always in a safe Ratio..

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
if you look at the above graph and give a concervative estimate of the power if the injectors were fueling enough.. you can estimate in the region of 170bhp.. before the limiter at 80mph ish, in 3rd

Back