more help folks....

Shero

Ex. Club Member
so, the thing still aint running rite.

basically these are the symtomz.... :D

The car will now start no problem and will sit at idle perfectly, in neutral it will rev up nice and i can hold it up at the red, come off and it goes back and sits at idle fine. (which never used to happen.)
Ive left it running for half hours and its perfect.

But.. when i go to drive it it just splutters and dies. i only get mabey 30 yards and it looses all engine power.
So, i jacked it up and ran it on the axel stands, i ran it for about an hour with no problem, up all the gears and sat about 3500 rpm in all gears. no problem!

So, its something when its under load thats killing it, ive been pointed to the cam shaft sensor. What should i be looking for in this, and is it fixable or i need a nu one??

Also got some 1600 injecters to swap in but sould i leav them first? although i also think it could be the injecters blocked??

I need help, i just want to drive the thing. :D cheers for any advice.

not the cam sensor imo, nor all 4 injectors a once fwn
fueling problem? (low pressure or maf/tps problem maybe ?)

Cheers frank! :D

its deffo somethig to do with the fuel system but i dont know what. yeh, i think the injecters are a long shot.
so the low pressure you say.. do you mean there isnt any pressure in the fuel system,? and whats tps?
AANNDD, in the maf, is there anything i can look for that can show me whats wrong???

i would check the throttle position sensor and maf plugs/connectors first (on the throttlebody, not the front plug, the other 2), and if they look ok, can you try another t/b ?
if the pump or relay had died, it would only tickover and cut-out as soon as you gassed it, but if the pressure was low, it would act much like you described :)

take off your fuel rail and check the underside of the injectors, point the injector towards a piece of cardboard to see if there all injecting correctly, and a tps is the throtle position sensor and in the maf you should look for a knackered O-ring i think, have you changed parts like the dizzy etc from your working micra?? thats what i do so i can wiggle it down to nothing ;) so if you think its injector problems then swap the fuel rail over and so on....

rite, i shall check these thigs tomooro. Yeh, i can get another t/b to test.

and aslo, why would the pressure be low.. and how do i get it back up. lol.

oh aye, cheers again both of u! haaa. :D

so ive came to the conclusion the car is actulay allergic to the queens roads and highways.

The injecters are all working and spraying fine.

where is this fuel relief valve??? i think this sounds like what could be up but i dont know where it is and cant find it in haynes. haaa.

the injectors were obviously working for it to rev up in neutral lol fwn, but if the pressure is low it will lean out under load (i can only get about 10psi in my emergency petrol tank, and anything over 1/4 throttle and it dies)
the p/r/v is on the n/s end of the fuelrail (it returns to the tank any pressure more than 3 bar ish)
have you tried a different t/b btw ? :)

"the injectors were obviously working for it to rev up in neutral lol fwn"

i know, i think i just liked the fact something other than the wipers work on my car and wanted to boast! haa :D

nah, im gunna steal a working micras T/B tomorro and see how that goes.

tried a working micras T/B, still goosed, gunna chnge the fuel pump now, but if that not the answer any more ideas....?????

so, when taking the fuel pump out ive noteced lots of stuff i didnt want to find in my tank....

If you seen the blog the fuel filler pipe was rusted like crazzzy and i think theres a fair bit of that in my tank..., also, im pretty sure theres some water in there, so, im dropping the tank out to clean it out and see if i get anywhere.

Bloody micras!!!!! aghhhhhh!!!

WATER PEOPLE!!! lots of water in the tank, lol!!! all cleadn out now, get it all sorted tomorro, im pretty sure this is the problem,as its heavier than fuel it lies at the bottom of the tank, theres only little fuel needed for the idle to work but as soon as i give it gas on load its obviously pulling the water out and unfortunitly the car duznt run on h2o! oooooh , fingers crossed! :D

deffo man, ive filterd the fuel out twice and theres a big lump of water at the bottom of the bucket, so im thinking the same, roadspray, im ean the filler pipe had huge holes and water would have got in no bother. lol.

So its all back in and ready to run in the morning and see what happens. heres hopin!!! :D

yous wont beleve this, the cow didnt like the idea of going forward as you all know, now the problem is fixed and it runs pretty sweet, the brewak lines burst the 2nd time i got out in it!"!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

###kING MICRASSSS!!! :D:D:D

Back