mobile phone turns on engine check light

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
just had the engine check light come on again , I had just gone on a short trip when the car entered some heavy woods and then we heard the chatter of a mobile on the car stereo ...and the engine check light came on !!!
then I noticed the wifes handbag next to the center tunnel by the bulkhead with a mobile in it .
Is my car missing something to prevent this interference or has anyone else suffered the same problem ???

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Just shows you how much radios waves are floating around there. As technology goes more and more wireless and more and more frequencies are getting used up we'll see more of this sort of thing happening.

There was a news article recently where people could not unlock their cars when they were parked near a particular shop, turned out the signal from the shops doorway security device was blocking the remote for the cars central locking.

I've personally witnessed the two way radio in my work vehicle re-setting the cars digital trip meter every time I made a radio transmission.

We are getting zapped from all kinds or unseen transmissions and frequencies 24/7.

CMF_chanwilson01

» CMF Member
Taken from Telstra Tower, Canberra

Attachments

• 53253.jpg
    53253.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 32
Back