Missing..

Dougyledds

Woopa Pandastyle!
Hi guys!

I think my k11 is missing a bit in lower gear, i replaced my plugs today with bosch super 4's and wonderd if it could be anything else?

Or maybe just the fact that its a cold start?

Thanks(Y)

i bought it with sort of no petrol and have only put a £10er in since lol.. not really passed just yet so maybe it just needs a refreshing new tank or something :grinning:

Call me daft but I never put supermarket petrol in any of my cars, just don't trust it.

i found with my old ae92 corolla that v-power gave me slightly better fuel economicy not much tho. but i mainly bought morrisons petrol and found my car went a whole 3-mph faster on my local bypass straight :grinning:

might be just a fuel filter dougy

Asda is the worst. A guy I know bought a brand new skoda as a taxi and was in the garage a week later due to Asda's watered down diesel

Service the throttle body? :eek: im not so pro mate to be honest.. a little noobish to the whole ''mechanic'' scene :laugh:

Thanks tho! :D

If the cars been sitting a while the petrol can go off.

What you need to do is full it right up and take it on the motorway and give it a wee blast.

Should be fine after that.

Good call, even half a tank of Optimax. It's meant to have awesome cleaning stuff in it :grinning:.

go to a car shop or ebay and buy some engine flush, 2 oil filters, 5L of crap oil and 5L of good oil. drain the old oil and swop the oil filter, then add the crap oil and the flush. follow the instructions (do not drive it, but allow it to warm up for 10 to 20 mins normally). leave it 5 mins or you'll burn yourself on summat stupid. drain the oil and flush. change the filter again (if you go to andrew page the oil filter is less than a 5er and fill with good oil. then go and fill your tank and put 500ml of fuel system cleaner through it. should notice a significant improvement for this £30 (plus fuel) service. could change the air filter but not much point. if its filthy, gently wash it out with petrol. discard petrol afterwards (not down the drain naughty naughty!)

If you don't have much gas in the tank and it's a later model K11 then it can cause this problem. Nissan began to house the fuel pump inside a little box within the fuel tank, the snagg with that design is that the box can restrict fuel from reaching the pump if a car that is low on fuel is on a slope or just very low on fuel.
Tank it up and it should be fine otherwise the problem is elsewhere.

If you're have something closer to a missfire then i would be tempted to point towards the distributor warning you of it's intention to croak. See if any of this sound like what you're experiencing; http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/34693-K11-Misfire-Problem?highlight=

Maybe it just needs a good kick up the arse from a fresh tank then haha, only ever put £10 worth in since ive had it as i havnt passed just yet..

Thanks all

Back