MissBanzai London Tunnel Run -Sat 13th March 2010

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
Hey my ickle flowers! I have been asked to post this up by LouLou at MissBanzai, so here goes! It's for a good cause, and I think I'll be going along for this too depending on what car I have!
I'll put it here in the South meets forum too, would be good to get a Micra crowd there!

Back again for 2010, we present another London Tunnel Run, hosted by MissBanzai.com inviting all Japanese car owners!

*** Note this is for Japanese cars only -no exceptions.. non Jap cars will be refused entry **

The run will kick off at Essex Arena (RM19 1AE) on Saturday 13th March from 9.30pm. Maps will be handed out on arrival to those who have pre-paid through the Just Giving site. There will be no entry to the site after 10.30pm.

Please register your attendance by visting www.justgiving.com/TunnelRunMarch2010 and donating your £5.00 entry fee. (Please put user name & club in the comments). Donations made via the Just Giving site will go direct to the nominated charity, Royal London Hospital Kidney Patients Association. This charity was chosen as one of our members who raised extra donations last time has had to undergo a transplant -so we thought it was a good way of showing our appreciation for their help last time!

In comments please put your club name & forum user name -nothing else! (this list will be used to hand out the route maps of the run on the night -there *may* be a limited number of maps on the night BUT this is NOT guaranteed).

-Please arrive at the arena at 9.30pm. PLEASE NOTE you should use the go kart track entrance to the arena. There will be a £1 cash charge entry fee on the gate to cover the arena hire costs.

-Payments for maps can only be taken up to 13:00 on 13th March on the Just Giving site. PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER AFTER THIS TIME or you will not be included on the list of maps for us to allocate on the night! If you do not pay you are not guaranteed a map.

-Entry is £5 for a map (prepay on Just Giving) and £1 per person in cash on the gate to the arena on the night to cover the arena costs.

-This event is for Japanese cars only.. nothing else! There will be marshalls on the gate.

-Please remember to drive responsibly -anyone not doing so will be asked to leave the site.

-You will need to bring sat nav / London A-Z for when you get lost. A passenger / map reader is also a must!

Sky Insurance will be awarding two prizes on the night for the best turned out car of the evening. The prizes could be awarded to any Jap cars from Civics to Skylines... so get polishing!!! Prizes to be confirmed

Hope to see some of you there! Any questions, please drop a mail to [email protected] or post your questions here! We had approx 300 cars from various different Jap car clubs along last time, so make sure you come along and be part of it and help raise some cash for a worthy cause!!

As I have missbanzai pink stickers everywhere on the car, I'll be bringing the Skybarge to this if I'm off :D

lol I look forward to seeing you there! No idea what car I will be in haha!

Hi guys.. fancy seeing you here! :p

Everyone else.. I'm Lou from MissBanzai -thought I'd pop on and say hi.. hope some of you can make it! Last one was an awesome night, hopefully this one will be bigger and better! :D

Pics here if anyone wants to take a look! :) http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=126789&id=598091673&l=53a8a9af8b

I've been wanting to go to this tunnel run the past 2 times, but my scooby was never on the road for them! Now thats sold i'm hoping the k11 is going to be ready for this otherwise its the September one.

Map for what! Big confused as to where you end up or what actually happens, or am i just being thick :p

Map for what! Big confused as to where you end up or what actually happens, or am i just being thick :p

You all meet up and get given a map with loads of tunnels to drive through really loud revving and beeping!!! You need someone to read the map while you drive......

Ahh i see! sounds like fun. I'm racing that evening so probably won't get there in time :(

Last time there was around 300 Jap cars. :D It's a bloody long night, you "WILL" get lost, end up in some strange places, usually going in opposite direction to all the other jap cars.............but it's a right laugh :D

Any more want in on this one, here are some of the clubs joining in.
Skylineowners.com
SXOC
Surrey Scoobies
ToyotaGTTurbo.com
GT4OC
Rx8oC
GTROC
Hampshire Japcars
civiclife.net
Type-r-owners.co.uk
uklegacy.com
mkiiisupra.net