Mira K11 from London to Mongolia with 4 People and a pit bike

Hi!

We are likely a group of 4 people and hope to drive a K11 Micra in the Mongol Rally. We were thinking of putting a pit bike on the back but I'm a little concerned about ride height and approaching the maximum allowable load the car can take. We have the option to take the bike off and one of the passengers to ride it on crappy road, but still the car will be loaded pretty heavily a lot of the time. Does this sound like something that's possible and what suggestions do you have to prepare the car? (for the extra load and drive in general)

Where is the mongol rally ? I'd prepare the car by crossing my fingers, getting a priest to bless it....and closing my eyes.
Bonkers.
Clue in the name davy :p

If you don't already have one, a decent roof rack should take around 50kg of gear.

As with any long journey, check tyres + spare, renew fluids and filters

Edit: if within budget uprated suspension may help
Also getting any dodgy amount of rust welded will help her not fall apart ;)

@Jen. The Mongol race covers a few countries Jen, I was looking for specifics.:p:p
Googled it - London to Mongolia' pretty much the whole of the ancient Mongol empire. Answered my own question:rolleyes: DOH!!!

Uprated suspension, increased ride height for clearance and some nice big tyres. Basically the exact opposite of what most people do to theirs :p

This comes to mind:

14734-4355.jpg

In all seriousness though, sounds like a lot of fun what you're doing. Good luck :D

They'll help deal with the weight better.
Increase ride height about an inch and spring stiffness a tad.
Its a quick easy way to rally prep a small petrol car that has a diesel variant

Basically they'll handle the weight you're chucking at em better than standard kit

Back