Mileage Record.......maybe?

CMF_M5

» CMF Member
I have just seen a 1995 Auto Micra SLX on Ebay at a starting bid of $1200. The vehicle is located in Moss Vale NSW. the odometer reading is 326000kms! Just curious, are there many Micra owners out there with a higher mileage than this? My 1996 SLX manual is just pushing 155000kms, Luckily no major mechanical work required so far though there is a slight timing chain noise but that hasn't changed since the 100000km mark. I don't know if the Ebay Micra is on it's original motor but i have never come across an NCVT model with this high mileage, even with a reconditioned transmission (which costs a fortune!) Many moons ago I owned a very well cared for NCVT Micra which was showing definate signs of transmission failure at the 60000km mark,which I was told was not uncommon, at which point I promply sold it to a dealer.

CMF_Family Hack

» CMF Member
Unreal!! And original timing chain as well and Mychael I know you drive your Micra hard but that is okay as you know the diff between hard and flogging a car.
Just goes to show how tough the Micra is.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
412,000km
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=234448814
Nissan March , 1996 ( manual )
Asking price: NZ$2,200 Or Near Offer Listing #: 234448814
Kilometres: 412,000km
Body: blue, 2 door, Hatchback
Fuel type: Petrol
Engine: 4 cylinder, 997cc, Manual
Stereo description: standard CD / radio
as shown in the photos , this is not a silk purse or a sows ear but is really reliable and economical to run .
Has new WOF.
Will put 6 months rego when sold .
The heater / cooler blower does not work , but I have seen ones on trade me for $50.
last owner had this car for 6 years and the high milage is due to it being used on a rural delivery run doing 240 kms daily ( well maintained ) Does not use oil or smoke at all . Very peppy and neat car to drive.
I have had it as a second car for approx just over a year , and even though the 5th gear sometimes quietly slips out of gear but can be just as quietly put back in gear . It has happened to me about 5 times in the time I have had it and it is no big deal .
I am in two minds to let it go , but have to be realistic keeping in mind my circumstances .
Priced accordingly keeping in mind the condition .
I reserve the rite to withdraw auction as I have it advertised elsewhere..
Would be great little car for student etc.
Could be interested in Swap for what have you

Attachments

• 47110.jpg
    47110.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 26
Back