Microwave motor

Micra 110

Site Supporter
Bit of a weird request but does anyone have an old Microwave sat in their garden/shed/garage?

I need the Synchronous motor that drives the turntable, to get to it just turn the microwave upside down where you'll find a square plate which is easily removed, the Motor under this plate has 2 wires attached.

On the motor itself it should say: 4rpm, 4W, 50HZ class B

Thanks for looking :)

believe it or not, i was sorting my shed out last week and threw one out, it was out of a bread maker tho, so it span a little faster than 4rpm.

may i ask why you want one? sounds interesting

Well rather than throw it out I thought I'd fix it. I did ring up a few places but they can't supply the Motor. Apparently this model was "supposedly" made by Belling but it wasn't. It was sold through Currys with the Belling name put on it under licence..o_O so it's a bit like buying a Honda car which is built by Brazilians in Russia using Toyota parts and nissan spanners.... :doh: This is normal.....what a world....we're such wasters :glare:

superls said:
believe it or not, i was sorting my shed out last week and threw one out, it was out of a bread maker tho, so it span a little faster than 4rpm.

Oh well, swings and roundabouts :(
I don't suppose it really matters what speed it goes at as long as the food doesn't spread all over the inside! :laugh:

Microwave motors

If you still want one I have a couple of these, let me know & they're yours for the cost of postage plus maybe a quid towards my next pint for extracting them ;)

BG

Back