MICRA Turbo

hi all. I'm currently working on a k10 turbo, but utilising the instrument cluster from a k10 super turbo. does anyone have a wiring diagram for either that I can access? Especially since I think that the boost sensor on the engine is dead.

Boost sensor is only use for dials if it has one. Its not required for the ECU.

Ed

thing is that I cannot get the boost guage (either the original one on the digital dash or the one from teh s.turbo) to work properly. It recognises the vaccuum(as it shows the vacuum level), but its at zero for boost at the time that the turbo kicks in. any ideas

Crazy as it sounds, but does the turbo even work? have you checked its bearings?

It does. I thought that it might be a problem with the turbo, but the turbo sounds healthy. Is there an easy way that I can pull the sensor and test it out to see if it is working properly ? Is there a replacement sensor that I can use that will work with the S.Turbo Guage. I've already adapted the wiring from the turbo to utilise the super turbo diaskboard, guages, etc. I'll try and post a picture of the boost sensor.

it is possible the boost sensor has broken, but seeing it still reads a vacume its not that likely. I would check the obvios splits in pipes etc, If you put a multimeter on the sensor you will have a ground 5 or 12v supply (prob 12v) and an output if you get this output wire and extend it into the car and use the multimeter to see if the voltage moves beyond what it is at zero pressure.

No.
This is a project that I started a while back. Original K10 got the fron totalled, so I bought a complete front half from Japan which was then worked in after replacing the damaged front. So I got all the original wiring, etc. I then acquired the front bumper, lights, and bonnet with scoop from Japan, and added them to the car. So I got a turbo which looks like the S.Turbo on the outside. I'll get some pics. done this weekend and post them up. The conversion was from the carby ma10 engine. Still lot's to do.
Anyone knows where on the ECS I can pick up the relay trigger for the fuel pump. The entire wiring harness was chopped when the front half was cut in Japan. It's a 5 door, and also have the powered doors and automatic (I know. I'll change it to a 5 speed gearbox from a nissan b14 later).

Back