Overheating Super Turbo

TJW

Ex. Club Member
Does anyone know if the radiator heat sensor off a standard micra will fit and work with a super turbo?

Does anyone know if the radiator heat sensor off a standard micra will fit and work with a super turbo?

should do not 100% though try it and see.By the way super turbos do run hot. . . . . sometimes over the 3/4 mark before the fan kicks in

If its running hot but mostly seems ok and the rad fan works, but perhaps looses a little water thats probably headgasket...

If you start it up and the temp rises fan cuts in ok then cuts out and you make a note of how high the the temp goes, it should never go higher than this.

If its running hot but mostly seems ok and the rad fan works, but perhaps looses a little water thats probably headgasket...

If you start it up and the temp rises fan cuts in ok then cuts out and you make a note of how high the the temp goes, it should never go higher than this.

yes thats what mines like except for the using water bit,as you know Ed this is my second one and it does'nt scare me anymore to see a the temp that high.I keep a serious close eye on water level too(not used any since the build:) )

Think i mite have a faulty rad heat sensor/thermostat cause the fan turns on but it only stays on for about 30secs then turns off. My old nomal micra's fan stayed on for alot longer than that surely the time the fan stays on should be the same if not longer.

No, the way the ST works is not the same as a normal micra. They dont stay on for a long time usually.

normal old nissan temp gauges are quite inacurate and can be quite misleading at times, if in doubt get a proper mecanical gauge and fit it in, will do you a good turn doing this, id strongly advise a oil pressure gauge aswell, but as above if its reaching the same temp and then cooling down its prob the gauge.

I must post a pic of how high the temp needle actually goes on the st befor the fan kicks in at idle,it looks ridiculous. . .but when your drivin around its roughly half way or jus above that

Back