Micra rwd

Remember seeing this when it was first posted. Now I'm struggling to see the point of it, if I'm honest :glare:. Surely you could spend a few hundred quid on a standard one, boost it, an do all the work yourself for less money? Also doesn't look that fast off the line, and I'm sure you'd grow weary of the sound of that inline-4 as well. But fair enough, he's put a lot of time and money into it, so can't have a go at him for that (Y)

I've not seen this one before but I have seen similar.

What puts me off is no reverse! Unless you go for some fancy pants custom gearbox you wont have a reverse gear, cos most bikes dont have one.

If you intended to use it on the road, there would be a few problems...

The hydraulic handbrake. Does it still have the mechanical brake too? To pass an MOT there must be a mechanical means of holding the handbrake on, like the ratchet on the handbrake lever. Things like 'gas tap' type lock off valves aren't acceptable.
If you put a ratchet on a hydraulic handbrake used for drifting it becomes a pain in the @rse to use.

Also, to avoid a Q registration you would need to use a certain amount of parts from the original car. Its safe to assume the engine, transmission and suspension are not original, using the type approval points system means it would automatically be given a Q plate. Even if you got that past them, they would no doubt pick up on the facelift front end on a pre facelift shell?

As a toy, if done properly its probably great but as a roadcar its gonna be a nightmare. Besides, as Will pointed out its a repost, which probably means its been on ebay before. Which means someone else has bought it, realised whats involved in putting it on the road and is now reselling it!

But he said it was never intended for road use, it was purely put together as a track car. Which is why I don't see the point in spending that much money on a car you could never use on the road (unless you spent a lot of time and money on making it road legal), when you could just buy a 1.3 and do an SR20 conversion, or boost it, and get more power out of it. And you'd have the satisfaction of having done the work yourself, instead of worrying about whether the previous owner spent a lot of time getting it just right, or put it together haphazardly

Back