Micra NCVT locked in one gear ?

MY import March 1.3 super s NCVT auto - SUDDENLY while driving appears to have locked in one gear position. It drives at 15mph at 4000rpm and more accelarator pedal only riases the revs - but the gearbbox will not change up.

Anybody recognise this - is it a complete gearbox failure ? or is there is a "gismo" soemwhere which may be replaceable ?

So far all I have done is taken out the carbon brush module - brushes are about 2cm in lenght and still seem to ,move freely.
There is auto fluid in the gearbox to correct level.

Any input welcome .

not really an expert on this sort of things mate, but can you manually change the gears into position 1 or 2? and will it go into neutral? sounds to me like a professional needs to look at it really.

isn't this the gearbox with variable transmission?
i.e. no sequential gears, but rather a cone-shape with a free moving pulley that runs up and down the ratios?

Unfortunately I have this problem with one of my CVT K11s. The stepper motor inside the 'box has gone meaning the cones cannot move freely, giving the impression that the car is stuck in one gear. This is a very common fault, but (unless anyone knows better) is terminal.

Back