Micra kangaroo

Hi
New on site. Need help. Just bought an automatic micra 1997 1ltr . From cold it runs perfectly, once it gets to operating temperature it starts kangaroo ing. Have changed plugs and it's a little better. Am bit of a novice on cars . Any ideas as to the problem
Thanks

It could be many things I afraid. But a couple of things you can try (other than looking it up on you tube)

a) Search on this forum/youtube

1) Get it up to temp and give it a thorough revving
2) Check for any loose vac hoses or leaks. A incense stick on non windy day or hissing noises
3) if it can be driven - give it a good thrash - you willl be amazed how often its just gunk on the ICV idle control valve or other sticky spots.
4) buy and spray some carb cleaner
These are all cheap starting places.
Its probably a sticky ICV or other carb part - but Im just a bodger.
Good luck bit be safe - dont stick your fingers anywhere.

KWKEVY - did you get this resolved? What was the the outcome? This will help others with the same problem. Plus Im curious too?

Please let us know - Thanks.

Not yet. Doing the usual , coil pack . Leads. Plugs etc . Can't get the obd to communicate. Did the blinking light test got nothing just 7 quick flashes . Have no engine management light coming on . Have noticed the plug leads and caps are getting unusually hot . Can't understand why it runs perfectly until it reaches running temperature?

I hope its not a bad distributor as thats quite pricey. Might be worth having a look at some threads on that in case it sounds similar.
I have a K12 and a cheap ebay code reader - bluetooth to smartphone and it works fine. So dont know why you having issue reading codes.
Good luck!

Have ordered new coil pack £70 and new set leads caps etc feel I am chucking money about for might be lol obd won't talk to the car because its and old style connector 14 pin rectangular fitting. Even with an adapter won't communicate. Will just have to go through the what ifs lol

I think you should be posting this on the K11 forum as thats your model I think for 1997. Its likely someone has had similar issues so do search the K11 forum and ask as there are some friendly bods about.

Have ordered new coil pack £70 and new set leads caps etc feel I am chucking money about for might be lol obd won't talk to the car because its and old style connector 14 pin rectangular fitting. Even with an adapter won't communicate. Will just have to go through the what ifs lol

Micra kangaroo is invariably related to a throttle body/connections issue.

The quickest & therefore cheapest diagnosis method is to simply unplug the TB lower plug in connector.

The vehicle will then be drivable without erratic kangarooing if the TB is the fault issue.

Good luck. :)

Thanks duckDuckgo will give it a go. Meanwhile I found this, does anybody know what symptoms it would throw up ? Bugger how do you post pictures

Back