Micra K12 (2003) - Radio player change

Hi

I recently brought 2003 K12 Micra (1.2). I want to change the standard radio/cd player to SONY MEX BT2500 WITH AUX LEAD. I used to have this Sony player in my old Toyota Karina.

I called one service person and he told me its bit complicated. Could you pls tell me weather its possible to change? And also any good Micra services near to heathrow.

Thanks
GDC

Yeah it's really rather simple. Ge your phillips screwdriver and a 10mm socket handy, and it'll take 10-15 minutes to do. As with any car, it's tricky to get the wiring loom tucked behind the dash, and I had some difficulty routing my aux cable to the dash, but other than that it's easy. The aux cable in the end went through a hole at the top of the glove box, near to the latch.

The best thing about the K12 (unlike every other car I've ever owned), is it terminates at an ISO plug, so no additional looms are required :)

Have just fitted a Panasonic Unit into my K12 which also has the multifunction display and steering wheel controls. Got the unit from Halfords who were very helpful; it did require two extra leads which cost £40; the job is a bit fiddly rather than difficult but now I play all my ipod music. Going to change the speakers soon ; any any experience of this or what make anybody has fitted they would recommend; its has teh 6 speaker setup. Thanks Peter

Back