micra k11 carborator problem

CMF_PANDYA

» CMF Member
I sprayed carbon cleaner in carborator to clean ,now she is running rich,I can here high rev when I press cluch down.
any idea folks?

CMF_Danvillan

» CMF Member
carburetor? Sorry am I missing something, should be EFI. Could be many different thing from a vacuum hose coming off, to a clogged injector or even a ECU fault. So check to simple things first, if it don't work you may have to get a mechanic to fault find the ECU. Or just drive it hard for a couple of days and hope if something is clogged it loosens up, probably not the best option.When you say carby did you mean the throttle body? It could also be in need of new spark plugs because all the carbon from the intake manifold may have caused the spark plugs to foal up. It's hard to say.

CMF_PANDYA

» CMF Member
Danvillan WROTE:

"carburetor? Sorry am I missing something, should be EFI. Could be many different thing from a vacuum hose coming off, to a clogged injector or even a CPU fault. So check to simple things first, if it don't work you may have to get a mechanic to fault find the CPU. Or just drive it hard for a couple of days and hope if something is clogged it loosens up, probably not the best option.When you say carby did you mean the throttle body? It could also be in need of new spark plugs because all the carbon from the intake manifold may have caused the spark plugs to foal up. It's hard to say.

yes,throttel body. no warning light on dashboard,when I put foot on gas peddal rev go up and it stayes about 10 seconds after I RELEASE PADDEL.

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
if the MAF was very dirty, the insulated element could give a lower reading and run leaner n affect idle. once you've cleaned the MAF it'll give a higher realistic reading than beforehand, so more detected air = more fuel = richer.

a sticking/seized IACV could also affect idle control. normally it should fast idle at 1300rpm when cold and once warmed and stationary, shortly after blipping the throttle it should idle at 1300rpm for 2sec as the IACV is fully open and then the IACV closes n revs drop down to 750rpm.

also if the TB has the old waxstat fast idle mechanism, it tends to seize open n keep the throttle slightly open n again affect idle speed n mixtures.

so my advice is:
1. remove n clean out the IACV head n free up the valve shaft/bearing. it should be able to swivel 90deg fully open/closed without binding/grittiness.
I personally also prefer to recalibrate the IACV with sumthing like datascan.

2. clean the MAF element

3. remove the old waxstat mechanism

4. readjust the idle bleed screw till the warm idle is 750rpm

wrote a guide here
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-19#post-446256

Back