Odd idel problem ???

CMF_Azza (2)

» CMF Member
so the micra was running fine then i pulled up at the lights and it started reving high 2000 RPM while siting at the lights took off and every thing seemed fine pulled up at my mates and my rev dropped back to 1000rpm ( not were it normaly sits but close enough )

then i went to get dinner and it did it again pull up at lights and it will eiter stay at 2000rpm or drop to 1500rpm

if you put the car in second and let the clutch out it will drvie off and pick up speed

any idea what this can be i got no idea .... my throttle body is clean i was thinking maybe my air flow metre is on the way out ??

any info would be great as its my daily

CMF_Azza (2)

» CMF Member
porblem all fixed .... it was 2 thing's one was idle screw at the back on the throttle body it had wound all the way out and the other problem was the o-ring on the idle air control valve had a splt in it

its running mint again

thanks for your in put frank2

CMF_Azza (2)

» CMF Member
ok so i thought i fixed this but guess i didnt .... went out before and it was fine got to were i was going and it was reving at 2000rpm again .... it wouldn't be something like a coolant temp senor ?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Azza WROTE:

"ok so i thought i fixed this but guess i didnt .... went out before and it was fine got to were i was going and it was reving at 2000rpm again .... it wouldn't be something like a coolant temp senor ?

i doubt it personally azza, what happens if you disconnect the idle control valve ? and has it got aircon ?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Azza WROTE:

"with the idel control valve disconnected and the air con on it go's from 1500rpm down to 750rpm ... whats that telling you Frank2 ?

Its pointing to an icv problem i guess mate, mine was hunting up and down at idle once, and i have no icv at all (i think the ecu was shifting the timing back and forth for some reason)
Yours should open and close according to engine load eh (aircon or alternator load)

CMF_Azza (2)

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"Azza WROTE:

"with the idel control valve disconnected and the air con on it go's from 1500rpm down to 750rpm ... whats that telling you Frank2 ?"</div>

Its pointing to an icv problem i guess mate, mine was hunting up and down at idle once, and i have no icv at all (i think the ecu was shifting the timing back and forth for some reason)
Yours should open and close according to engine load eh (aircon or alternator load)

ok then thanks for that Frank2 .... are you able to buy new ICV's ??? or am i just better off to replace the whole throttle body ????

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
You,re best to test it first azza, it might be getting wrong signals maybe ?
I would remove it and temporary block the hole in the t,b, then see if it tries to correct the idle when you switch the aircon on etc

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"Azza WROTE:

"turns out the air flow meter is on its way out .... the only question is do i upgrade it to a GA15 throttle or stick with the standed one ? "</div>

I dont see how a fauly maf can raise the idle rpm azza ??

It's not reading the air flow correctly so it trying to suck in more air? So it lifts the revs?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
RTK WROTE:

It's not reading the air flow correctly so it trying to suck in more air? So it lifts the revs?

Nah, unless azza has disconnected the c/t/s and opened the throttlestop, then the idle can only falter/drop (not rise) @ different maf signals/injector durations

Back