Micra K11, 1.3 litre, CG13DE engine

CMF_ukzmisr

» CMF Member
Hi, I have recently purchased the above car. It as covered 49000miles. Full Nissan history.
The car runs OK, but the idle speed is low. Checked for air leaks and poor connections eveything OK. There is no rev counter, People on the forum have mentioned an idle adjusting screw on the throttle body, but I cannot locate it. Could someone send me a photograph. Also does the engine have to be in a diagnostic mode before the idle speed can be adjusted?

Also can someone tell me ( show me ) where the air sensor is on this car.

I would like to replace the instrument panel with that from a 1.4, this one as a rev counter, can anyone tell me if this will work straight in or do I have to re-wire some connections.
Any advice and information would be greatly appreciated.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
hi ukzmisr

there is a plastic screw on the driverside rear corner of the t/b that bleeds air past the butterfly, if you turn it out, it should raise the idle.
what year is yours ?, because a 1.4 will have a digital speedo

frank

Attachments

• 37920.jpg
    37920.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 47

CMF_ukzmisr

» CMF Member
Hi frank2, my micra is a 1999. Before adjusting the idle speed do I need to put the engine into Diagnostic mode or disconnect anything prior to adjustment??

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
bring the engine up to normal temp. stop engine. haynes suggest disconnecting the throttle potentiometer (that black block sensor on the right of pic above), start engine, rev to 2k rpm a couple secs then let it settle...adjust the idle screw.
stop engine when done and reconnect the throttle sensor.

no need to be in diag mode.

ooh btw a tip i suggest beforehand is to clean the idle air control valve at the front of the throttle body unit
heres a pic
http://micra.com.au/images/community/forums/28339.jpg

CMF_Albertas

» CMF Member
Hi,ukzmisr
Before adjusting the idle speed, maybe you need to find "cg13de-throttle-body-resoldering-guide.pdf" somewhere on this forum? It was the solution on my car...
Al

CMF_ukzmisr

» CMF Member
Albertas thanks for your reply. From what I have read there appears to be a lot of veiws on the idle speed and how to adjust it if everything else is OK. Some say start engine rev to 2000 rpm stop engine disconnet multiplug from Throttle positioning pot, and then idjust idle speed. Some say just adjust the screw to get the required idle.
I have decided to get an original K11 Nissan Service manual. See what that says.
Thanks
Also does anyone know if a instrument cluster from a 1.4 Micra with a rev counter will fit in a K11 micra??

CMF_eeyan

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"hi ukzmisr

there is a <span class="w83j7b4x8v61" id="w83j7b4x8v61_2">plastic screw</span> on the driverside rear corner of the t/b that bleeds air past the butterfly, if you turn it out, it should raise the idle.

what year is yours ?, because a 1.4 will have a digital speedo

frank

sir frank2,

just wanted to ask,what do u mean when u say turn it out? turn it counter-clockwise? ill try this method as well. have idle issues.

and also, how does that black socket works? (just on the right side of the screw) i think they call it potentiometer. correct me if im wrong. how does that thing work if I turn it clockwise or counter?

Back