Micra exesive steam from exhaust

Its not showing the pic but it started to steam realy bad an i left it 20 mins parked up started up again still abit steamy drove home with no steam what so ever an no steam when i stopped at home strange you couldnt see the tail light wen it was parked up because of steam now its cleard thanks for help

it was possible what has been in the exhaust if it has just had the head gasket done mate :) but if unsure just keep an eye on the water level

does it have the correct wiring adapters? and have you tried using it with the arial wire on as its also used as an earth i found out by accident :) lol

not sure where you could buy one try posting in the wanted section :) or you could just cut it out and sleeve the two remaining pipes, iirc its been said that it can passs mot on only the first main cat on the manifold

I thought about sleave but would have to b quite a long sleave but im thinking about a peter lloyd system so would have to cut flange off that if i purchesed

Sterio now in and working back to the problem of the steam when the car gets upto running temp after been run a while the exhaust is exesivly steaming thn coolant starts to come out of the breather on the header tank HELP

Sterio now in and working back to the problem of the steam when the car gets upto running temp after been run a while the exhaust is exesivly steaming thn coolant starts to come out of the breather on the header tank HELP

sounds like the head gasket again eh :eek:

a cold engine and cold exhaust will always cool n condense the exhaust vapours especially during this colder wetter season. if it still steams heavily once fully warmed up after a hard run it could be a blown HG

with a cold engine, remove the rad cap, start engine and look for any bubbles when blipping the throttle. if it always bubbles, the HG blown

if the coolant expansion tank always bubbles abit or overflows n gushes out coolant from the top port when reving then the HG blown

The engine code is more than Likley cg10 but its on the gearbox side of engibw at the front on a small flat surface

Well i have changed the thermostat an its stopped pressurising is there any bleed points as the heaters are still abit cold run for a while with cap off

Well i have changed the thermostat an its stopped pressurising is there any bleed points as the heaters are still abit cold run for a while with cap off
no, and the heater system is about 6" lower than the radcap (ie, if a heater goes cold on you, the rad will be about half full)

Its not showing the pic but it started to steam realy bad an i left it 20 mins parked up started up again still abit steamy drove home with no steam what so ever an no steam when i stopped at home strange you couldnt see the tail light wen it was parked up because of steam now its cleard thanks for help
lol I feared my head gasket repair was failed due to the water left in the exhuast lol/ Most scary!

remember to turn heater on full hot during bleeding to allow fluid to purge through the heater matrix.

I usually brim the rad and the coolant tank to full, start engine with rad cap off and let it warm up stationary (idle with occasional blipping) to 82c till the thermo opens to allow the excess bubbles to escape from the block to the rad top till it no longer bubbles.

during warm up, the liquid coolant will expand and try to overfill the radcap, you simply cover the rad hole with the rad cap to seal it, squeeze the top hose to push the excess over to the expansion tank, remove the rad cap then unsqueeze the top hose.

whenever any excess bubble pops up, the liquid level will drop in the rad. provided the level in the expansion tank is near full, raising the rad fluid level is the reverse of the prev step above.
squeeze the top hose, seal the hole with the radcap, release the top hose to suck coolant from the expansion tank into the rad, open the rad cap to check level and repeat as required till its brimmed.

when the fans kicked in twice and it stopped bubbling its prob bled

Back