micra 51 reg Alarm

B

brucep

Found a nice Activ well seems to be, It says its got an alarm in the advert but not to shore if it has, the indicators flash when you use the remote key to lock the car and a red LED flashes where the heater controls are.

So is there any way of telling if the car has infact an alarm or not???

thanks for any replies.

well from wot u describe it seems to be remote central locking which in those models made the indicators flash, so it didn't neccesarily mean the car had an alarm and as for the flashing LED in the centre console, thats the immobiliser LED.

whether the owner had an nissan alarm or an aftermarket one installed, i would have fort the car would have made an audible sound when you press the buttons.

simple enuf check, just keep the drivers window open, lock the car as normal via remote, wait a min, then put ur hand in and open the car manually, and get in and surely if there was a alarm on ur car, it would have gone off by now.

A friend's primera with a Nissan factory fitted alarm has ultrasonic sensors. If you leave the front windows open, and you wear a fleece, you can climb in and not set it off. Try starting it or anything, and it triggers. Fleece must absoarb the sound instead of reflecting it or something.

thanks for your replies, if it has an alarm it should have some sort of horn / siren any idea where this would be????

dont think i saw any ultrasonic sensors where should they be?

keep the suggestions coming guys

just need to know before the gf pays for the car.

there usualy wen ur sat in the car, near the top right and left of the windescreen, little round nipple things, i'd just violently rock the car if i wanted to check if it had an alarm, because u get to see the outraged face on the guy whos car it is, and u see if its got an alarm

Back