K12 immobiliser

I

inky

Hi guy's,first of all I'd like to say hello to everyone,this is my first post. Right, is anyone familiar with the keyless entry/immobiliser system on the K12 . I've had the engine out for a couple of months while I repaired a chassis leg, [I bought the car as a damaged repairable]. When I put it all back together again it wouldn't start, the key turns on all ignition lights but won't turn the engine over. A feed from the battery to the starter solenoid turns it over but it doesn't start. It was starting and running fine before I took it out. I think it's an immobiliser problem because the central locking isn't working either, the fob won't lock/unlock the doors but if you press the button on the door handle the red light on the fob flashes so I know they are communicating with each other. All batteries are known to be good by the way, also, the airbags, actuator and belts have been replaced, any help would be appreciated, cheers.:down:

I will as a last resort, I was hoping to avoid it, has anyone come across this problem?

I had this problem when i disconnected the battery when installing an amp, but after I took the ignition fuse out and put it back it started (after a lot of turning over). I can't help more than that as i don't have my K12 anymore.

i once destroyed a fuse in mine and had the same problem was fixed after i replaced it though......all because of footwell neons. the fuse it blow though was the one which controlled the alarm, locks etc so it could be the same problem.

Back