micra 1.0 timing chain change... get kit with varivalve or not?

Hi all,

First of all would like to say hello to everyone, have only just registered on the forum, as thought this may be the best place to ask questions about the k12 micra 1.0.

Basically, as in title, I have check engine light coming up on the dashboard, even after clearing the error list, this will re-appear within two weeks.

My mechanic has told me to get new timing chain and get it replaced - that is fine, after reading so many stories about poor (or maybe not the best) quality of chains fitted into k12.

The question I have is - Do I need to get a timing chain kit with VVT varivalve inlcuded or just simple kit with chain, sliders and tensioner only? The price difference is significant, hence the question...

The car has covered 90000 miles.

Thank you for your help on this subject.

Hi all,

First of all would like to say hello to everyone, have only just registered on the forum, as thought this may be the best place to ask questions about the k12 micra 1.0.

Basically, as in title, I have check engine light coming up on the dashboard, even after clearing the error list, this will re-appear within two weeks.

My mechanic has told me to get new timing chain and get it replaced - that is fine, after reading so many stories about poor (or maybe not the best) quality of chains fitted into k12.

The question I have is - Do I need to get a timing chain kit with VVT varivalve inlcuded or just simple kit with chain, sliders and tensioner only? The price difference is significant, hence the question...

The car has covered 90000 miles.

Thank you for your help on this subject.

I didn't replace VVT and mines fine

Back