Members

CMF_Family Hack

» CMF Member
Remember when we all got excited about 1000 members??
Well not long before we can up it by 50%
The mighty K11 refuses to lie down.
Now Yom no funny tricks when we get closer to the mark.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Well I must say after a spin in my mate's Liberty RS (turbo awd) the sound of a turbo boxer engine in full flight with the stability of AWD sounds mighty tempting....

Shame about the fuel economy. I guess I'll just have to pull a spark plug lead off charlotte to make it sound like a boxer. :p Plus they handle like a sack of potatoes as standard. bah to that

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Must admit i love the sounds of the Subaru, Was hoping to keep up with my mates my99 WRX when i'm turboed and sorted,but his upgrading to a my04 STI next year. That could be tuff to catch.

cisco

» CMF Member
Pfft WRX pfft STI. Bring them all on. Any day, any time. Except errrr in the wet or gravel. Where they have me on toast. But in the dry, yeah come own!

Been thinking, erm or maybe getting more sucked in.. I need some stickier tyres. Look I hope the gearbox doesn't snap once I do that, but at least I will have some serious grip then. And well could always get some stupid PAR custom cut gearset if the gears weren't up to it. But look, this is the mighty 31V gearset we are talking about, and this is only a 1.3litre micra. It has to last for a while.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
"only" a 1.3L micra? You better hope it isnt reading this thread. It might decide to break on you. lol :(

The americans have been putting some silly power through the 31A's and a few 31V's via the means of GA16DE+T. They don't seem to be having too many issues. It seems the 31 series may not be made of glass like the 32 series. Still thats no reason why you shouldn't be ultra careful. All it will take is one bad shift and WHAM! its all over red rover i guess.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah fair call YOm.

Sticky tyres will be awesome. Right now, my camber is setup very badly (outside of tyres wearing out very very badly) - (home wheel alignment), but car still pulls dead straight, so I need some replacement tyres with mega grippy rubber and a dead straight power wheel alignment. Something with only moderate camber at the max so I get decent straight line grip. Perhaps 0.75 deg neg or something on the front.. Any less and it handles like a dicer, but any more and you can't get straight line traction with this much power..

cisco

» CMF Member
I've driven a mate's WRX just with a big noisy muffler on it, and the micra is HEAPS faster than that car. The power to weight ratio is in a different league to a stock WRX. The micra would blow it in the dry. The thing is, wrexxy owners don't often sacrifice their clutch just to beat a micra in a drag race, its rare that you will find one willing to rev his car to 6000rpm and kill the clutch to beat you off the line etc. If they did that, they would have me off the launch every single time. But by even mid second gear, the micra would be back passing it and then pass it easily. The micra actually launches fairly well mostly because its just such a light car, there's not a lot of lard to move off the line.

In the wet, obviously forget about it. Horses for courses. But in the dry blue monster kills a factory WRX. I kept up with Brendon's GTiR dead equal side by side to about 130kmh when we backed off. His car makes 160kw at all four wheels. Those races were always from rolling starts. Again, if Brendon wanted to waste some clutch, he would blow me off the line every time. And if Brendon did that, I wouldn't be able to come back and pass him or catch up because our car's were dead equal once we have traction! His car is fast!

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Yeh well in Whitey I will have a go at anything. I reckon with its power to weight ratio I can frighten the ****ter out of most cars. I just wish I could get more traction down onto the road quicker as that is where the 4wds beat you. Need an LSD for sure to get really seriuos.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Ha ha ha Micrat you crack me up! It's true yom you certainly come out will some whoppers. I love that White Knight and Cisco can give these quick factory cars a good run. I'm hopeing to be up there with you boys sometime next year,The traction problem thing i'm hopeing won't be an issue with the slightly heavier 205/40/16 wheels and tyres,if so i will be investing in some semi street slicks. Would love to see you guys post some times just to give evereyone a shock, And piss of some silvias, skylines, subbies aand such.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
yesterday i had a run in with thatblue suzuki swift that was at the micra meet. had a chat and a few runs from off lights. blew him away. cisco did u know what power he was makeing?coz he gave me a good run down low thru first and second through mid range rpms. was good fun. its another little blue hatch thats quick. when i first saw him i thought it was blue monster but when got closer it wasnt

cisco

» CMF Member
Haha awesome Brendon!

I think only one-hundred and twenty something right now, but that's how he bought it basically. I think he's not pushing it very hard yet, probably only running moderate boost etc with more potential. It certainly seemed to go quite well at the meet! It looks like a little spaceship that thing. Has such an immaculate engine bay too. Which reminds me that I need to do some tricks with tidying up wires and stuff like the owner has.

I am really wanting to get some serious tyres for sure now..
After putting these factory pulsar wheels back on, they are pretty preformance-robbing with the heavy 195/60s. Deadset keen to get something really decent for the 15" lightweight rims and put some proper traction down with a traction-friendly wheel alignment.

Car pulling badly to the left now from my home hack job wheel alignment - but only when under full boost. Drives nice and dead straight at all times, but when the traction breaks, it dives off to the left. Whenever I get that on blue monster, its always a wheel alignment issue and can be easily corrected to pull dead straight under full boost.

I think now that I know my car inside out, it becomes so much easier to work on and maintain. I couldn't imagine having to get totally familar with the inner workings of a new car with more complexity, all the crap still in the way like factory air pipes and battery not relocated etc. So much work and effort to get a car up to this point where you know exactly what's going on inside it. I'm keen to just maintain it now and probably just improve the two areas of traction and NVH levels.

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
Cisco when you get a proper wheel alighnment done, make sure the rack is 100% centered, i.e turn the wheel lock to lock & count the turns & turn back half as many. If the steering wheel is off centre, remove it & refit it centered. Make sure the wheel alighnment is done in this centre position. I used to have very bad torque steer in the gti (pulled to the left hard), after doing this the car stayed centred on power.

You will still proberly get some torque steer in the micra as it has unequal length in the drive shafts with no intermidiated shaft (which gives different drive shaft angles). But it will help.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Spot on Snoopy.Yeah torque steer always there due to unequal drive shafts.Makes it more of a challange.Hard acceleration turning left on a wet road can be very interesting.Right hand down, right hand down !

Back