Meet the Spartans

Rob..

Ex. Club Member
Well i've just got back from the cinema after seeing Meet the Spartans, and i must say i wasnt impressed. It was funny at parts i'll admit, but i think they made their gags too blatent this time, didnt take much to get the jokes, and i hate that about jokes really.

although i wouldnt call it a waste of money since i bought an unlimited card, so im making sure i see as many films as possible this year =P

if anyone else has seen it please tell me what you thought, because i was the only one in the cinema not laughing for the most part

What films are other people looking forward to then? I think The Son of Rambow looks good =D

Seen this too mate, I thought it was truly truly awful.

As you mentioned there were a couple of funny bits, but overall I wouldn't rate it.

The only bit that sticks in my mind is the Britney Spears scene, but they done too much with that pit of death scene, too many people being thrown in.

i thought it was quite funny

the end was a bit crap, with the transformer and all, but it was quite a laugh really....you need a good sense of humor!

was listening to the radio on the way to the meet today and heard some film critic absolutely slating it. saying it was one of the worst films he'd ever seen! :p

I knew this would be forced jokes because it was done by the same people who made epic movie and that was just as bad. Some bit where funny though I just think they could have toned it down a little.

Waiting for Superhero Movie to come out. This is done by the people who worked on Scary Movie, Airplane! and The Naked Gun films. Should be a fare bit funnier than Meet the Spartans

Superhero movie looks great. the trailer made me laugh so its quite promising, plus it has lesley nielson in and i dont think hes done many bad movies at all really =P

Are you surprised it was rubbish??? :grinning: I saw "28 Weeks Later" for the first time tonight, CRIKEY! Now THAT'S a dreadful film!!! Especially disappointing as "28 Days Later" was so very very good. I suppose that's what you get for handing a Danny Boyle film over to the Yanks though *lol*

Yes all right I know he was involved but anyway!!!!! :laugh:

Sounds like I'd better not waste my money seeing this film.

Watched Hostel 2 with my brother the other night which I thought was a rather disturbing film. Certainly worth a watch but made me feel a bit uncomfortable to begin with.

Back