Maybe some ideas for easy mods please?

I was thinking o f installing a universal muffler from ApeXi or others but would that involve some welding etc?

Also i was planning of installing a tach for my K10 is it possible too?

Tacho is easy.

As for the universal exhaust, it works out more expensive that way unless you can weld it yourself. Plus the K10 has a bit of a funny fit so it doesn't ever sit straight. I suggest you get one made for the K10.
Oh yeah and a big exhaust on the K10 is LOUD so expect to get pulled frequently

have you any links of some K10 exhaust mufflers please? and what do you mean by getting pulled frequently?
thanks for your reply BDW! :)

At the moment i still do not have driver's license although i have my micra waiting for me in the garage lol. so the muffler shall wait. but the tach seems really interesting and so i searched for some vids on youtube and need some help on mainly 2 things. I need to know where the fuse box is so that i can connect the red wire of the tach and I need to know also where the green wire of the signal is supposed to be connected. Ignition coil or distributor cap?

Green wire goes to the negative (-) side of the coil.
Get the red wire feed from behind the stereo
Black from behind the stereo too
And if you have an orange wire for illumination get that from behind the stereo too

good so i should share the power of the radio with the tach too. and the illumination wire goes also with the red power wire?

There should be an illumination to the back of the stereo as the stereo dims when the lights get turned on. Get a multimeter and check for voltage only when the lights are on

Can't I install it somewhere else cause i don't think the stereo illuminates when the lights are on and i don't have access to a multimeter unfortunately :/ but thanks for your help you surely helped me out guys :D

sry guys for my stupidness but i m just a beginner and this is my first car so i excuse myself.

I dont think i want it to be on all the time the car is running ollyc98. I read that it is supposed to be wired with the headlamps so that when u turn them on the tach comes on too.

but if no solution is found i think i will make it always on obviously while the engine is running.

Ive fitted 3 aftermarket gauges in my k10...oil pressure/tacho/volts...and wired all of them so they iluminate with the ignition live....i like them lit up all the time

Back