May be purchasing K12

richie

Ex. Club Member
long time no post, my k11 is totting up 160,000 miles and the time has come to get a newer car. Initially i was gonna play it safe with a fiesta but a few K12s have popped up near me, SE, SX, E, S, INITIA and an SR. Are the K12s as good as my K11 has been??

The SR is orange is a really nice looking car, as are the others, but i just wanted opinions on K12s really, all have 50,000 miles or less

depends on what year mate is it the first series that came out or is it the facelift one as the first series had quite a few teething problems my mam just got rid of hers as there was a problem with the engine would cut out and wouldnt start again unless it was warm and it was going to cost 1500 to repair so my dad traded it in for another car

The sr is a 56 plate, if thats any help? think i might just go for the 1.2 version, the ones i am going to look at are 03-56 plates

The 03-56 are the first series ones. And as said they had a few teething probs. But mine wasn't too bad really. I had a 53 and 04 plate 1.2 S. I'd be weary of the electrics though being as its really a Clio in disguise, I went through 4 stereos (all replaced under warranty though).

kenny did you know the v power stops that problem?!lol just a month worth and it should be fine lol i had that problem a few times but v power sorts it out every time lol maybe its just me but it works wonders to the motor for starting problems lol , oh the newer the micra the better quality it will be i think? just remember to service it regularly otherwise you will make problems lol

long time no post, my k11 is totting up 160,000 miles and the time has come to get a newer car. Initially i was gonna play it safe with a fiesta but a few K12s have popped up near me, SE, SX, E, S, INITIA and an SR. Are the K12s as good as my K11 has been??

The SR is orange is a really nice looking car, as are the others, but i just wanted opinions on K12s really, all have 50,000 miles or less

Go for the 160SR. Plenty of luxury and enough power to make you smile. The colour paprika orange is rare, so you will stand out.

ok the k12 micra is ok there are problem but it like that with any car i would go 03,04,05 that is where the problems started, 06,07,08,09 are ok. i would avoid any that has had a smash and been repaired. make sure they have two keys and they both work try to avoid the i-key they are trouble when they go wrong, make sure they have been service every yr or 12.5k miles, make sure the rear drums have been off on the services as they tend to rust on and wont come off.

i would go for the 160sr the 1.2s are ok but are gutless on the dual carriage way the sr will give you plently of pull when overtaking. try not to get a base model they are very basic like i said get a sr, i have driven over 300 of these micras 1.2,1.4,1.5dci and the sr. as i work on them daily as with every other nissan model.

and as for the micra is a clio in disguise, i know that the only engine nissan use is the 1.5dci renault engine none of the renault and nissan wiring is the same apart from the kubistar, primastar and interstar as theses are renault vans with nissan badges.

hope this helps you. any questions please ask

(im a nissan techie)

haha and im a nissan line rat lol hate building quashqais which is just a ford kuga lol and many other cars on the road

andy mate it was a sensor we replaced loads of them and to no avail

We have a SR160 on a 05 plate and has been really good. In the time we have owned it the only issues have been, rear boot seal rattle (fixed under warranty), speaker popping (fixed under warranty), clutch had gone a bit weird (seems a bit burnt out, wife's driving probably) and Multi Cd player has the odd moment, but nothing short of turning it off and on. On the whole a very good car.

Back