Maximum draw on the 12v socket

I am trying to find out what the maximum wattage the 12 volt cig lighter socket will take.
I have looked in the handbook and a Haynes manual, but neither state it. I know it has a 15 amp fuse, but cannot believe that a small socket like that would support this much current. Does anyone know what the offical max load is?

Depends, if it's for cig lighter I don't know but if it's called a 12v accessory socket or similar, it's usually around 10A :).

I am trying to find out what the maximum wattage the 12 volt cig lighter socket will take.
I have looked in the handbook and a Haynes manual, but neither state it. I know it has a 15 amp fuse, but cannot believe that a small socket like that would support this much current. Does anyone know what the offical max load is?

p=vi so the max power you could get is 12 x 15 which is 180 watts. but if your wiring is too thin that would melt before the fuse would go. recommended to use 10A fuse to limit output to 150W

I spliced the wiring and installed two cigarette sockets on the original circuit and ran a touch screen monitor and inverter from it ok. What are you planning on running from yours?

Back